Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:09:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: re: matrixgames version of GTOS  (Read 3594 times)
davidx
Hauptmann

« on: April 16, 2015, 06:54:15 PM »

Hello,

I am playing GTOS demo and want to purchase the full version.

Is the matrix games executable version of GTOS, once updated, equivalent to, for example, the gamergate executable version?
The matrix games version is an older version, is the documentation the same as the gamersgate version?
I have a manual called "tactics manual" and it has helped, though I have read references to a "game manual". Are these identical documents? If not, is the game manual included in the full version?
If I purchase GTOS from matrix games, can i add additional DLC's?,  can I purchase DLC's thru gamersgate or steam? Can DLC's be mixed and matched from gamersgate and steam?

I prefer gamersgate over steam, but for data type DLCs, I am happy to purchase on price.  For me, payment is easier thru steam. Are steam GT DLC's, the i guess the best word is "steamized" requiring all that invisible behind the scene, who knows where installation, typical of executables from steam?

regards,
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:48:22 PM by davidx » Logged
DDTank
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »

I have never bought from Matrix games; why not just get it from Gamersgate? I don't see the DLC on Matrix; you will want them too.
I got mine from Gamersgate and all the DLC, most of it on sale. I have always resisted Steam but recently set it up on a new games-only PC and given the choice again, I would consider Steam too as that way you should get your updates automatically without messing about (the DLC installation and in-game updating is not hard but you have to know what to do; they are not just regular program files that you Run).
Whatever you do, please do remember to buy it. I have no idea why the game is not more mainstream and pulling in the cash but I want more from these Devs and don't want to see them go bust!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 03:37:59 PM »

Hello and welcome!

Yes, the matrix version is equivalent to GG version once updated. The latest documentation is included with the update and is always available here. DLCs are compatible with every version. Although, I think you can't buy a DLC without the main game on Steam. Anyway, they are still compatible, but you have to use the updater utility instead of automatic install.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
davidx
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 01:44:37 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for the information from the replies.

The matrixgames offering of GTOS was purchased, installed, and upgraded with no problems at all. Quite easy, even given the available instructions, though I do have command line type experience.

As an experiment, I installed the gamersgate high-resolution demo DLC offering. No problems.

regards,
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:46:09 PM by davidx » Logged
davidx
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »

The "game manual" is from the AP Kharkov 1943, and was provided with the full version. The "tactics manual" is a separate document, that comes with the full version, but was also supplied with the GTOS demo. Combined, with some experimentation, the game may be figured out, but not without effort. With the effort, the game is worth it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: