Graviteam
April 18, 2024, 10:33:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-install problem  (Read 3070 times)
nicklegh
Oberleutnant

« on: April 17, 2015, 08:36:58 AM »

Hi,
Trying to reinstall this great game onto my new pc. I have all the extra modules, downloaded via Gamersgate.
I downloaded the Sept 13 version to get going again.  However when I start the game I can only see the left half of the initial screen and the mouse doesn't line up on the initial boxes - campaign, options, settings etc.
Thus I cannot play the game at all.
I deleted the game and downloaded again from Gamersgate. Same problem. There is nothing wrong with my system which runs lots of games without any difficulty, many via Steam as it happens. I have a hi res screen set at 2560x1440 and wondered if that was the problem so I changed the resolution to a lower one 1680x1050 and then 800x600. Same problem.
It's as if I should have a screen twice as wide as I have got!
I would appreciate very much some advice on how to proceed.
Thanks very much.
Nick
nicklegh
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »

Hi again,
I was wondering whether anyone might have an answer to my screen problem?
In extremis if I downloaded the basic game from Steam would the additional campaigns downloaded from Gamersgate work with it?
Thanks
Nick
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »

[telepathic mode on]

You are using windows 8+

Roots of evil
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2013/07/15/windows-8-1-dpi-scaling-enhancements/

How-to-fix in global
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/28310-dpi-scaling-size-change-displays-windows-8-1-a.html

[telepathic mode off]

Maybe you upload a screenshot of what it looks like?  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
nicklegh
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 06:33:04 PM »

Hi Andrey,
Thanks very much for responding, particularly on the weekend.
I am running Windows 7 which was the o/s on my previous pc.
I had a look on the web and found that occasionally games appear too large for the screen, which was my problem when I re-installed GTOS and AP Kharkov 1943 (I am a long term fan of you guys).
Anyway I think I have solved the problem on both games by right-clicking on the respective desktop icon, clicking on Properties, clicking on the Compatibility tab and then ticking the box marked " Disable scaling on high DPI settings".
I don't know why the problem occurred but the above seemed to be the simplest workaround I found on the web.
Looking forward to the Mius release.
Nick
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: