Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:14:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mission editor folder download  (Read 6647 times)
Antipov
Major

« on: April 19, 2015, 09:06:07 PM »

Hello. The link to the folder you need to operate the mission editor is dead. Help!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:42:22 PM »

Hello, you can find the mission editor in Start Menu "Editors and Utilities" folder.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Antipov
Major

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:33:17 PM »

I am using the old Lighthouse Interactive version CD. There is no Editors and Utilities folder in my install. I looked through every folder!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:44:28 PM »

Well, I updated the FAQ. Create a shortcut to shell.exe with a special parameter (or just use the command line):
"C:\Program Files\Lighthouse Interactive\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
Antipov
Major

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:57:41 AM »

Thanks, Krabb. Trouble all my own doing. Long story. Apologies!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »

No need to apologize. You are welcome!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »

Alternately I had posted how to create .bat( batch) files if your mission editor is missing from your game. It happened to me years ago and Iceman was kind enough to explain the steps on how to recreate one to me. I had asked Kyth to post it on the forum:

1)Open notepad

2) Copy the following line into it and save it  ( call it editor_mission):
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newmis.program

3)Click on the file tab of the notepad and click on save as and save your file as "editor_mission.bat"

4) you should get  a working batch file which you only need to paste into your game main folder and your ME will be up and running.Just click on it and an editor_mission screen will open .You are in business.  

It's straightforward and really easy to do. You can follow the same steps for all components of the ME: the editor_map, the editor_mission, the editor_map and the editor_map_gen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: