Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 04:58:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M60 Driver  (Read 5298 times)
BaalCY117
Hauptmann

« on: April 25, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »

I see a problem whenever i am the commander or the gunner and i order the driver to halt or short stop the Tank, The left track locks up and the whole tank is drifting to the left. I did not have that issue with the T-62
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »

Feature of the hydrodynamic differential I guess.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:16:46 PM by Flanker15 » Logged
GALIX_Thor
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »

I was about to make a thread about my issues with AI drivers during tanks vs tanks combat, so thanks.

I see a problem whenever i am the commander or the gunner and i order the driver to halt or short stop the Tank, The left track locks up and the whole tank is drifting to the left. I did not have that issue with the T-62

I have encountered the same problem with the M60, it is especially annoying as it makes the tank vulnerable to flank shots where the armor is weaker.

About M60 and T-62 AI drivers :
- when the player/TC uses mouse right click movement (the blue flag waypoint) if an enemy tank is spotted during the travel, the AI driver will suddenly ignore the waypoint, he will steer in another direction and accelerate like a madman and sometimes slide in a turn... What the hell is he doing ?!  Grin This behavior is even more annoying with the M60 because the tank is not equipped with a turret stabilisation mechanism, so when the driver AI driver is doing his thing, the turret (main gun+commander's sight) is no longer in the direction of the targets  Angry

- AI driver sometimes ignores the short stop command (E key)
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »

Drift to the left, and possibly other bugs will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for reporting!

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
GALIX_Thor
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »

Drift to the left will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for reporting!

With April15b patch (gamersgate version), the drift to the left problem with the M60 tank is fixed with W and X keys maneuvers.

But the problem is still present in the M60 active defense feature (tested with 9 and 0 keys).
In the M60 Active Defense training mission : when the driver goes in hull down position at the last moment the left track locks up and the whole tank rotates to the left; and when the driver is reversing in turret down position, at the last moment the left track locks up and the tank rotates to the right.

Another strange thing with the M60 Active Defense training mission is that the AI tank commander enters the wrong range in the ballistic computer for the gunner.
Picture 1 : AI TC announces the correct range to the target (1900m) but he sets the wrong range (1659m) in the ballistic computer

Picture 2 : a second range measurement a few seconds later, this time the AI TC sets the correct range (1906m) in the ballistic computer.

It is the first time I encounter this problem.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »

But the problem is still present in the M60 active defense feature (tested with 9 and 0 keys).
In the M60 Active Defense training mission : when the driver goes in hull down position at the last moment the left track locks up and the whole tank rotates to the left; and when the driver is reversing in turret down position, at the last moment the left track locks up and the tank rotates to the right.
A little rotations is always will be, do not expect a perfectly straight movement, it does not exist in the real world and will not in the game. It depends on what kind of soils will be under the tracks at the time of the stop. On heavy soils, as in your case, and will always occur.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: