Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 01:38:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: re: reinforcement abstraction?  (Read 3683 times)
davidx
Hauptmann

« on: May 01, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »

Hello,

what is the abstraction of the off-screen reinforcement, that may be accessed at the beginning of each operational turn?

regards,

(edit subject from reserves to reinforcements)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:38:31 PM by davidx » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 11:57:57 PM »

Hello and welcome!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Jager_1
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 08:10:03 PM »

I guess he is trying to ask about the troops that are in reserve, what they stands in the real world and if they can be available from the start. The reserves are the troops that are in sectors, close to the one we see in the battlefield, as an extensive front, the troops have to be deployed along the front, so when an attack occur in a sector, the commander "rush" the reserves to that spot. Sometimes I believe is a little exaggerated, because it goes along to have half of a company 2 turns or 6 hours from the rest to come along, especially in the attack when is logic to be concentrated, although when is a moving front as case blu, some parts of a company could be delayed because they were cleanning a town or bringing support for others elements.

And no, they can't be rushed before in the campaigns, but in the quick mach you could do someting similar with the elements to simulate this too.
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 08:21:44 PM »

In theory, all reserves are troops which were historically away from the current game map and they become available when they historically arrived to the map area.

In fact, currently only Shilovo could be named as historical operation. At least for the player's side.
davidx
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 10:42:27 PM »

Hello,

Specifically, the reinforcements from the left column of the platoon management screen? After the first turn, they may be swapped with existing units? What is this abstraction?

It was my mistake calling it reserves in the initial posting.

regards,
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 06:44:42 AM »

Hello,

Specifically, the reinforcements from the left column of the platoon management screen? After the first turn, they may be swapped with existing units? What is this abstraction?

It was my mistake calling it reserves in the initial posting.

regards,

The game's map space is limited. While historically there could be more than an infantry battalion (more than 12 platoons) on the game's map square, the game allows to have maximum 4 per a square. So, it is the tool which makes it possible to have a proper number of units in a campaign but with out gridlocks on the map.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:43:59 AM by FB_AGA » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: