Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 09:47:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: re: deployment phase  (Read 4292 times)
davidx
Hauptmann

« on: May 01, 2015, 09:12:02 PM »

Hello,

Why in moving from deployment phase to initial orders phase, does the computer always seem to slightly rearrange a subset of units even through they are in applicable locations.
This occurs irrespective of the units/location appropriateness or if the units is locked. Tanks, Machine guns, commanders, infantry units in solid green/solid green square will be moved. Often to my plans detriment via LOF and LOS. Sometimes, to locations with less cover?

regards,
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:18:30 PM by davidx » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:01:06 AM »

Check the tactical manual:
Turn on automatic trench digging: select units and press [T] (Trench Digging at the Deployment Panel). The Defense icon will appear beside the units. Press again to turn off Defense Mode. Red Defense icon: trench digging is not allowed (you can't dig in this cell; cell occupied by a building; the unit's platoon has been moving in an operative Phase and hasn't got time to build a defense line.) In this case, in the end of the Deployment Phase, the units will take the nearest defense points: buildings or some old trenches.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 05:54:52 AM »

Yesterday, I was in attack, an infantry unit was moved to the west of a river, while I assigned a position to the east of the river. So, no "trench digging" activated. But I activated "take defense". Maybe it is the cause.
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »

Oh yeah if you have them set to defensive and put them in the open they'll pop over to the nearest piece of cover.
xandu
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 11:26:32 AM »

When I want to keep heavy weapons and vehicles in the positions I have chosen, but did not have time to dig trenches, do not just mark the take up defenses that such units will remain in that position. Now if u can dig trenches, select the take up defenses and units will remain in that position if they can entrench themselves
davidx
Hauptmann

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 10:48:57 PM »

Hello,

My mistake for the lack of clarity on the question, but as has been suggest, why do they move when you use the Cntrl-T option, it generates a red arc. I interpreted cntrl-T to use natural cover and coverage versus T which meant to construct coverage and cover.

That then suggest the next follow up question? What are the general implications of the four states base on Cntrl-T and T

regards,
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 10:08:39 AM »

I'll rephrase the manual. Ctrl-T - take up defense, T - dig trenches. So, taking up defense could put an unit to a neighboring square (or in trench, if there is one from a previous battle or from another unit), if AI thinks it's better covered. Digging trenches will... dig trenches! Cheesy If they are allowed. Otherwise it's the same as taking up defense.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: