Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 01:23:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bravo for the Developer  (Read 5248 times)
Ezra
« on: May 03, 2015, 01:35:02 AM »

To the Developer and the Community,

I owe it to the developer and the GTOS community to express my gratitude and appreciation for a well-supported product that is quite impressive and a lot of fun in light of all the “subjective” criticism it receives. I have some issues, however most of them have been addressed by the community already since I have read practically every forum and thread on the subject matter because I am too lazy to read the manual. This is why I waited so long before I decided to register (once I figured out ‘fury” was the verification), which ironically, is discovered when you read most of the threads while inevitably learning the game.  A brilliant developer concept I might add. Wink All in all, let me briefly express a few points.

First, this series is an amazing and beautiful work of art. The AI and dynamic campaign is good enough to catch me now and again which I enjoy. I am amazed at the level of detail and atmospherics which contribute to a sense of immersion that I have never experienced before on such a level in this genre. This has prompted me to purchase all the DLC for these reasons primarily. Much to your humble, “please only buy if you play” appeal. Grin Sorry Andrey. I play when I can but also collect as well. By the way, you have done a great job in addressing many issues in light of publisher politics and the lack of an adequate budget.

Second, I can only imagine the frustration of having to please everybody. I have some small gripes but they are not enough for me to abandon the product. In the same way, I can say that I have played just about every “imperfect “war-game (including combat mission) over the years since the first flight sim “Red Baron 3D” on a 286 comp. Tongue At this point I think I often forget how far we have come in this pleasant little hobby. If it wasn`t for you we wouldn`t have GTOS.

Likewise, my other interests at this point are Command Ops 1 (which is in transition to CO2) and War in the East. That says a lot if GTOS attracts me. I used to dream of a game like this when I was a kid playing solitaire “Panzer Blitz” because no other kid would find the time to play against me. It`s hard to appreciate single player if you haven`t grown up in the sixties. Multi-player is not always a panacea for a diamond in the rough. Most kids I grew up with joined gangs instead of playing historical games of the likes of Avalon Hill, therefore the appeal of single player is nothing new.

In closing, I will often re-purchase a product throughout its development because it deserves it, which is often reflected in the integrity of the community and of course the developer, in which Andrey has shown to be exemplary (along with his staff). Bravo again Andrey.

Retrospectively, when you get a little older you begin to realize that it is much better when others blow your horn. It`s the sanctity of humility. You show a quality that I have always admired but unfortunately fallen short of as it comes so late for many of us. In the meantime, keep up the passion and integrity because it shows in your work. You have done a remarkable job in which I feel privileged to be a part of. All the best!

P.S.  Why does my Ratel-20 (Operation Hooper) do figure eights when I issue a clear command to move 100 Meters? I thought drinking and driving was prohibited in the “Bush Wars.”

Sincerley Ezra
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 04:57:27 PM »

To the Developer and the Community,

(once I figured out ‘fury” was the verification), which ironically, is discovered when you read most of the threads while inevitably learning the game.  A brilliant developer concept I might add. Wink

Sincerley Ezra

Pretty sure that wasn't intentional. Wink  Imagine the first guy that tried to figure it out before it was mentioned in the forum.

Bring back 3D markers!
Ezra
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 07:27:35 PM »

I think I learned "Fury" from you. I tried everything else but Fury. Roll Eyes
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 10:56:19 PM »

LOL, I had to ask here I think.  I tried everything.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »

P.S.  Why does my Ratel-20 (Operation Hooper) do figure eights when I issue a clear command to move 100 Meters? I thought drinking and driving was prohibited in the “Bush Wars.”

This is due to the fact that this vehicle have a wheels and turn only the front wheels (and the rotating radius is very large) - AI is not able on all grounds and in all weather conditions can get into the points of the path with the required accuracy, and tried to drive again in some points.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Ezra
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 11:08:45 PM »

Andrey,

O.K. I can understand the turn radius would affect this. However, does the AI determine it`s own path even when there is no need to turn due to it`s initial facing?

e.g. If I say go from A to B (in clear terrain) on a straight path the vehicle takes a wide erratic path on its own that grossly deviates from the intended order as if it is radically confused.  Huh? Would you attribute this erratic behaviour to a "dynamic" A.I., or is this just wishful thinking?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 12:28:59 AM »

O.K. I can understand the turn radius would affect this. However, does the AI determine it`s own path even when there is no need to turn due to it`s initial facing?
AI always determine that's need to cross path points. Need turn or not - no difference.

e.g. If I say go from A to B (in clear terrain) on a straight path the vehicle takes a wide erratic path on its own that grossly deviates from the intended order as if it is radically confused.  Huh? Would you attribute this erratic behaviour to a "dynamic" A.I., or is this just wishful thinking?

I dont know that is "dynamic AI".
But AI from our game it was not "grossly deviates", but just not always gets to the point and turn back to it.

It is a hard task for AI, at wet or dry on any surface to pass through given points, driving a real car without the possibility of turning on the spot. Yes, it does not always work well.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: