Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 08:41:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awful Graphics/Low Resolution Help!!!!  (Read 8141 times)
DaedraCross
Leutnant

« on: May 06, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »

Heres the gist of the problem
I just got the game today off GamersGate and after installing it and running it clean I found the resolution to be awful and for the top of the screen to be cut off i also get the message about not having 128mb of VRAM even though I have 4GB
I attempted to change the settings but nothing changed at all. The game is incredibly pixelated and fuzzy its impossible to pick out anything in game.
Heres a screenshot of that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bdsyci9dklmt3h/shot_2015_05_06_20_35_50_0000.jpg?dl=0

I then went to download the Widescreen Fix and Installled it through JSGME; It did absolutely nothing.
I then installed the unnoficial patch 0.1 thing and that didnt help either
Finally I installed the Steel Panzer Mod 2.0 and the V2 fix, also doing nothing.
Ok, been trying this for 3 hours and I am so sick of finding no-one with the same problem as me.
Here are my specs to get them out of the way
FX-8350
R9290X 4GB
8GB RAM
1080p Asus Monitor 60hz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I have trawled for ages to find fixes and heres what I've already done:
Set Game to not restrict video
Set Game not to use Desktop Resolution
Set 1920 x 1080 resolution in config files
Changed tbump trans and techn values to -1
Installed the mods above.

Please Help me!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:38:54 AM by DaedraCross » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 11:22:52 AM »

Welcome to the forum! Not sure if this is the cause, but try disabling forced AA in the video driver settings.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 03:33:37 AM »

If you have Raptr installed try to have it detect your game then optimise it.It's a common problem with Nvidia cards but very rare with ATI ones, the games does not detect and read accurately your graphic card and will often only detect the Intel video memory. I have the same problem with my Nvidia gpus but I simply enter max graphic settings in the game video options and ignore the message and play. 

If you can't save your settings into the game menu there's your solution.Open your game folder.

Open the data folder go to k42 then loc_rus then after that you'll see a folder called config just under the armor_maps one. Open it up with notepad. Inside in the middle of the text file you'll see a paragraph called render. Here's mine below:

i_render:render()
{
   //àäàïòåð
   adapter   =   0;
   //ðàçðåøåíèå, ÷àñòîòà, ðåæèì
   bb_wid   =   1920;
   bb_hei   =   1080;
   bb_freq   =   60;
   bb_fmt   =   22;
   //ðåæèì áóôåðà ãëóáèíû
   depth_buffer   =   75;
   //îáðàáîòêà âåðøèí
   vertex_processing   =   1;
   //ãàììà (0.0 - inf  def 1.0)
   gamma   =   0.920000;
   //ÿðêîñòü (-1.0:1.0 def 0.0)
   bright   =   0.520000;
   //êîíòðàñò(0.0:1.0 def 1.0)
   contrast   =   1.000000;
   //àíòèàëèàñèíã (òèï, êà÷åñòâî)
   aa_type   =   0;
   aa_qual   =   0;
   //óðîâåíü àíèçîòðîïèè
   aniso   =   1.000000;
   //ïðîïîðöèè ýêðàíà (4/3, 16/9, 16/1, 5/4)
   aspect   =   0.000000;
   //îêîííûé ðåæèì
   windowed   =   1;

You can copy my settings if you want and SAVE before exiting the file. Then launch the game and you should see that the video settings in game reflect what you entered in the config folder. You can modify them at will. Use the Catalyst Control Centre  to play with the AA settings if you want.

Also if you have dual gpus, make sure your game is defaulted to the ATI one not the intel integrated graphic memory.

Good luck!
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 06:16:16 AM »

There may be a simple way. You can turn on "No Video Mode Restrictions" option. It's in the main settings.

歯車には歯車の意地がある
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: