Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 02:47:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orders Delay question  (Read 7473 times)
JamesX
Hauptmann

« on: May 06, 2015, 01:19:35 PM »

Is the AI subject to orders delay and if so does it use the same rate of command recovery that the player specifies in option 5.04?
Ezra
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »

Great Question!

In other words, does the AI have "free will" and can it cheat the system that the player is elected to?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:16:47 AM »

Is the AI subject to orders delay and if so does it use the same rate of command recovery that the player specifies in option 5.04?

AI always have a huge delays. It gives orders every 15 minutes.
Therefore, the relevant question is - why on setting 5.04 only such a short delays for player Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
JamesX
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:38:33 AM »

Therefore, the relevant question is - why on setting 5.04 only such a short delays for player Smiley

Andrey - could you not improve the AI further by speeding up the re-assessment & orders cycle for the AI?  A lot can happen in 15 minutes!!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 02:58:51 PM »

Andrey - could you not improve the AI further by speeding up the re-assessment & orders cycle for the AI?  A lot can happen in 15 minutes!!

And why?
15 minutes is even much often. It made exclusively from the fact that a player may set battle time in options = 30 minutes.

And I would not call fussy change of orders as improvement.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
JamesX
Hauptmann

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 07:08:02 PM »

But surly a more frequent reassessment of the situation would make the AI better?

Example: An AI Platoon moves towards its ordered location and finds itself confronted by a Company sized force.  Now is it not more realistic for the AI to reassess the situation and issue a stop order to its Platoon?  Or is it more realistic for the AI Platoon to carry on advancing against the odds towards the Company until the next 15 minute order cycle finally tells it to stop?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:10:29 PM by JamesX » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 07:33:09 PM »

But surly a more frequent reassessment of the situation would make the AI better?

Of course not. In our game situation within 15 minutes can not be changed so that it was necessary the intervention of AI. Even 30 is unlikely.

Example: An AI Platoon moves towards its ordered location and finds itself confronted by a Company sized force.  Now is it not more realistic for the AI to reassess the situation and issue a stop order to its Platoon?  

Why should it needs the AI?

Or is it more realistic for the AI Platoon to carry on advancing against the odds towards the Company until the next 15 minute order cycle finally tells it to stop?
AI does not deal with this issues at the platoon level.
It does not work with the platoons/coys/units, but only with battle groups.

You probably mean under the AI something strange.

For AI something significant may change in the operational phase. In combat is extremely rare.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:36:04 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

JamesX
Hauptmann

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 10:29:57 PM »

Andrey - could you point me to the location of the code which sets the 15 minute AI order cycle.  I would like to try setting it to a quicker rate to experiment and observe its effects.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »

Andrey - could you point me to the location of the code which sets the 15 minute AI order cycle.  I would like to try setting it to a quicker rate to experiment and observe its effects.

line 524
i_aicolonel.cpp

function set_lf_log_time_()

JamesX
Hauptmann

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »

line 524
i_aicolonel.cpp

Thanks Andrey.  An extensive search has revealed nothing - could you tell me exactly where  i_aicolonel.cpp is located?  Smiley
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 11:50:32 AM »

line 524
i_aicolonel.cpp

Thanks Andrey.  An extensive search has revealed nothing - could you tell me exactly where  i_aicolonel.cpp is located?  Smiley

In Graviteam codebase

chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 02:15:41 PM »

Grin

(He had not understood the joke.)
JamesX
Hauptmann

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 02:22:09 PM »

I do now  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: