Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:56:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going on with the Steam Version .. ??  (Read 4049 times)
Thomasew
Major

« on: May 18, 2015, 05:31:40 AM »

Hi,

I purchased the Steam version of GTOS a week or so ago, .. as well as the Operation Hooper and High-Res DLCs. Everything worked fine.

I also assumed this would be the latest version i.e. April 2015, .. as per the Gamersgate version.

If I run 'Update' from the Game Menu within the game, .. I see that the 'Game Update' is 4.19, .. and my 2 DLCs are there.

In response to a question on the Grogheads forum, .. about the latest Steam version, I checked mine.

.. the version was dec.12s (the same as the poster on that forum).

I ran the 'Verify Integrity of Disc Cache', .. and 3 files were replaced.

When I now run GTOS, .. the version now shows (2313) (Is this version number correct for the April 2015 patch?), ... BUT, .. my DLC is no longer available.

When I select 'Update' from the menu, .. the 'Game Update' is still 4.19, .. but is now .. Disabled. Also, my 2 DLC options are missing.

However, .. Steam still shows them, under the DLC section, .. as being installed. SO, .. I deselect them, .. and reinstall.

... still, .. they do not appear in the game.

I tried re-enabling the 'Game Update' 4.19, .. and now when I start GTOS, .. the version shows .. dec.14s.  Huh? .. not dec.12s  Huh?

No matter what I do, .. within Steam, .. I cannot get my Steam purchased DLC back in the game ..  Sad

Well, .. that's not entirely true. I can install them manually from where they where downloaded to in my Steam folder.

However, .. whenever I run the 'Verify Integrity' option, .. they're gone again.  Sad

Surely this can't be the way the game is intended to be distributed on Steam, .. i.e. with lots of manual intervention etc..

So, how can this problem be resolved ??

Thanks and Regards
Tommy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:13:53 AM by Thomasew » Logged

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 12:24:54 PM »

This is a problem with the game updater. Before (or after, doesn't make much difference) the "verify integrity of disc cache" you have to manually remove everything from the data\k43t folder, except the loc_eng and shared folders. Now the patch and DLCs you have should be installed automatically.

Or just install them manually from the !steam_cache folder.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Thomasew
Major

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:39:37 PM »

Hi Krabb,

Thanks for the explanation ..  Smiley

BTW, .. what version of GTOS is 2313 ?

As I mentioned previously, .. my Steam install indicated dec.12s when I purchased and installed. (Game Update 4.19 enabled)

After the Cache verification, .. it indicated 2313. (Game Update 4.19 now disabled automatically)

If I now go and re-enable Game Update 4.19 .. the version indicates dec.14s .. Huh?

All very confusing  ..  Huh?

Thanks again ..  Smiley

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »

2313 is internal build number - ignore it. "dec.14s" is what you are looking for.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: