Graviteam
April 18, 2024, 10:50:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UI scaling for DSR  (Read 3198 times)
davbla
Oberleutnant

« on: May 21, 2015, 11:57:27 AM »

Hello,

I am new to GT:OS and I really like this game's core mechanics and realism a lot. Graphics are also great, however despite turning up all ingame graphical settings, I personally feel there is still too much aliasing visible, to the point of really impairing the ability to spot enemies between all the foliage. Adding FXAA + SMAA injection doesn't make much for a difference IMHO.

I understand forcing real AA through drivers doesn't work due to the way the rendering engine works.

I tried to enable nVidia's Dynamic Super Resolution on my GTX780 and while this gives great results at 4x (and still acceptable performance), the User Interface and unit names on screen become practically unreadable.

Any chance that some kind of UI scaling option would be introduced in the foreseeable future ? This would IMHO certainly allow for a big boost in graphics quality to an otherwise great game.

Thanks for you reply.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:54:18 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

Good already AA is included in the game (2.06 option). And UI scaling option, too - 6.12 Don't increase the interface size - disable it.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
davbla
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 03:59:26 PM »

Many thanks for your reply !

2.06 smoothing was already enabled, I honestly don't see much difference with or without it (idem for sharpen)

6.12 good to know, I tried it and indeed UI remains original size, great ! At 4x DSR unfortunately the message list is still unreadable, as well as the unit names and some tool tips, but this is already a step in the good direction.

Thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: