Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 03:58:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modding platoons  (Read 4902 times)
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« on: July 05, 2015, 10:47:12 AM »

Hi, is it possible to mod platoons and for example add more tanks to german tank platoon(light) or insert a Tiger(or Chieftain Grin)?Or create a new platoon?Don't try to find any historical accuracy here it´s just for fun.I´m not new to modding games but I just need to know where to find required code.Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:52:05 AM by Krylolrian » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:03:06 AM »

Hi, welcome to the forum! Look in various div_units_*.engcfg2 files.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »

Well this is the most confusing work with mods archives I ever experienced.There are 3 documents in modwork folder but I cant find a complete tutorial.It looks like each section in modtools document is a little tutorial for a little mod and to complete for example 4.2 Creation of New Subdivisions and Change of Existing Ones you need to jump to other sections and put it together.Its like a puzzle.Editing game files like div_units_...is explained good but how to make a final changes to be able to use a mod is a confusing puzzle game for me Grin.A one start to finish tutorial would be very helpful.Eventually it will become easy like with every game(I hope).
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 01:49:37 AM »

Ok I just need to know what to write into that text file or table(section 1.2 modtools.pdf).I followed 4.2 section in modtools.pdf and made my custom unit.It contains Russian infantry and Stuat tank but I dont know how to put them into the game.Thank you for any advice.
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »

Finally!The Tiger is confused http://i.imgur.com/QS9NuRh.png.This is an edited German Tank battalion (assault) platoon.It had only 6 panzer 1f so I added 2 pz6 Tiger and 3 Chieftains.Everything has been done in qbattle.loc_def.config file but after first convertion to engcfg2 I had to compile it again to config, unpack, copy everything(text) from the first converted engcfg2 to the new one and then edit pools and compile it again.It has nothing to do with div_units...files.

I think it is like this:
div_units files define amount of individual soldiers in squad and crew in tanks
qbattle file define names of every battalion,platoon and reserves and assing units from div_units files
loc_qbattle(text) then define the right name of platoons

Now it is very easy for me to add any unit anywhere.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 05:25:59 PM »

Good job. Persistence pays off.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: