Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:06:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windowed mode  (Read 5613 times)
marty
Oberleutnant

« on: July 12, 2015, 09:02:03 AM »

Recently purchased this game + all DLC during the recent steam sale and really like it so far.

The only issue I have so far is that I can't find how to play the game in windowed mode.

Special Settings 6.03 "Start in windowed mode" is enabled, but the game always starts in full screen. I've also tried changing Screen and 3D Buffer (2.01 and 2.02) resolutions lower than native desktop resolution.

I have also tried the things mentioned here without any luck.

Has anyone got other suggestions to try?

Thanks.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »

Special Settings 6.03 "Start in windowed mode" is enabled, but the game always starts in full screen.
Game _always_ starts in windowed mode in menu/enciclopedia etc (players don't have any ways to change this behavior), and same in tactical 3D mode, except if you manually change 6.03 option to off.

I've also tried changing Screen and 3D Buffer (2.01 and 2.02) resolutions lower than native desktop resolution.
3D buffer changed normally, unless of course, if you are not try to use very low resolution like 800x600 etc.
And of course the screen resolution does not changes because you are in windowed mode.

Has anyone got other suggestions to try?
For what?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
marty
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 01:53:41 PM »

Hi andrey,

Thanks for your reply.

Game _always_ starts in windowed mode in menu/enciclopedia etc (players don't have any ways to change this behavior), and same in tactical 3D mode, except if you manually change 6.03 option to off.

My native resolution is 7680x1440 using Nvidia Surround, which joins three 2560x1440 monitors together as one virtual monitor. I wish to play only in single center monitor in windowed mode (so I can have other things displayed on left and right monitors like game manual or youtube tutorials) so I choose Screen resolution 2.01 and 3D Buffer resolution 2.02 as 1920x1080.

While 6.03 is enabled, and no matter what resolution i select, the game always starts in full screen at native 7680x1440. The same for encyclopedia. The game only switches to the selected resolution when moving to battle editor or campaign, but always in full screen.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 02:18:54 PM »

While 6.03 is enabled, and no matter what resolution i select, the game always starts in full screen at native 7680x1440. The same for encyclopedia. The game only switches to the selected resolution when moving to battle editor or campaign, but always in full screen.

Game _always_ starts in windowed mode (in Enciclopedia and menu)
In our case too.

My native resolution is 7680x1440 using Nvidia Surround, which joins three 2560x1440 monitors together as one virtual monitor.
And as result you give a long desktop _window_ 7680x1440 size

I wish to play only in single center monitor in windowed mode (so I can have other things displayed on left and right monitors like game manual or youtube tutorials) so I choose Screen resolution 2.01 and 3D Buffer resolution 2.02 as 1920x1080.
Simple turn off this bug - "Nvidia Surround" and use tree monitors as usual. And you give game in monitor  #0, others in monitors #1 and #2
If you attach all tree monitors to "one big monitor" through some strange features -> you got problems inevitably -> big window that covers all monitors. Game can't detect this strangeness on driver level and cant't split 3 to 1,2,3 back.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: