Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 07:04:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Save games?  (Read 4251 times)
DDTank
Hauptmann

« on: July 08, 2015, 04:13:21 PM »

This might have been asked before but anyway:
There is a "Save & Exit" option but that is essentially one save slot that you can then come back to, correct?
Would it be possible to add a proper save menu with multiple slots? Currently the game is not very forgiving: if you mess up a turn, that's it and tough luck. On more than one occasion I have spent days / weeks on a campaign only to make a mistake near the end and end up having to start from scratch. Even beyond that, it would be good to have the option just to try different ideas on a specific turn to see how things pan out.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 04:36:11 PM »

No way! What's done is done. Cheesy

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
DDTank
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:53:02 PM »

Okay. That's nice then.
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 09:35:22 PM »

You can do this manually. Just select Save & Exit and back up profiles folder from GTOS Installation Dir\users\ directory. You can rename the backup to whatever you like.
To restore a game "saved" in this manner, just delete the profiles directory (make a backup first!), select one of your backups that you wish to restore, make a copy of it and rename this copy to profiles.

I use it every time after I deploy my units, because sometimes deployment takes a very long time and if I screw something up by accident after deployment (like forget to issue initial orders for some of my units, or set up arty zones) it means I need to restart the battle. And I don't have a whole day to play with GTOS.
I also use it to store some interesting tactical situations in order to replay them.
DDTank
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »

Thanks - I had completely forgotten about that! I already used to do this years ago playing Achtung Panzer but had forgotten (must be an age thing...).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: