Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 09:15:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Supply system the same?  (Read 4117 times)
DDTank
Hauptmann

« on: July 17, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »

Just wondering if supplies and repairs will be the same as GTOS?
In other games we see trucks that can be moved like regular units. In those games the "delivery" is not so good (ammo and spare parts "float" from the truck to the tank, for example) but the principle is good e.g. having dedicated logistics and repair units that could say, be sent long distances on the map from the "depot" as is currently shown to the battlefields and back again to re-equip.
To me at least, this sounds neater than having to move units back to the "circle of influence" attached to the depot to get resupplied. I know conscripts can arrive by truck  and there seem to be some repair trucks too (but I am not sure what to do with them when they arrive !) and there does not seem to be a similar method for ammo delivery.
Just a thought.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:04:53 PM »

Just wondering if supplies and repairs will be the same as GTOS?
In other games we see trucks that can be moved like regular units. In those games the "delivery" is not so good (ammo and spare parts "float" from the truck to the tank, for example) but the principle is good e.g. having dedicated logistics and repair units that could say, be sent long distances on the map from the "depot" as is currently shown to the battlefields and back again to re-equip.
To me at least, this sounds neater than having to move units back to the "circle of influence" attached to the depot to get resupplied. I know conscripts can arrive by truck  and there seem to be some repair trucks too (but I am not sure what to do with them when they arrive !) and there does not seem to be a similar method for ammo delivery.
Just a thought.

At first in the GTOS/SABOW no circle of influence to replenish and repairs (about year or may be more ago it was removed). Resupply acts as conventional units, taking into account the restrictions of movements and other things.
At second, battlefields sizes that is in GTOS (and will be in GTMF)  do not make much sense to return supply convoys/trucks, since in most cases the warehouses outside of the battlefield area, and we deal with the regimental / battalion reserve, but not with the division level.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:07:40 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: