Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 02:33:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Updating the initial release on DVD  (Read 8857 times)
Foofighter
Oberleutnant

« on: August 20, 2015, 01:36:38 PM »

Hi

I missed the boat a bit on the updated release for SABOW. Can I check for owners of the original release on DVD if that can be updated to be the same as the "remastered" release?

Thank you,
G
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:09:15 PM »

Hi, you need the core update and patch April 2015 for non-GG/Steam versions: http://graviteam.com/games/SABOW.html?action=downloads.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Foofighter
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »

Oh, ok....so I do not need to repurchase it from Steam or Gamersgate to get to your latest reissued release with most up to date updates, DLC and functionality?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 02:56:17 PM »

For the most up to date you'd be better buying either Steam or GG version. I recommend Steam (internal rumours Cheesy). DVD updates are low priority and lag behind.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
Foofighter
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »

Ok, thank you for the clarification, appreciated.

Regards,
G
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:06:11 PM by Foofighter » Logged
Dustbag1969
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 06:18:37 PM »

Hi,
I am also in the same situation that I bought the DVD version and having read this post I am still unsure.
Is it possible to patch the DVD version to be identical to the latest "Remastered" version? I understand that the Steam version is the preferred option but I would rather avoid having to buy the game twice if I didn't have to so can anyone clarify "Is it possible to update the DVD version to the same version as the one available on steam?"

Thank you

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 08:08:34 PM »

Hi, welcome to forum!

Right now, no. DVD version is updated with the lowest priority.

Dustbag1969
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 11:12:40 PM »

Hi and thanks for the clarification.

Next question is a bit more subjective. Is the latest version significantly different from the DVD version I have to warrant buying the game twice?

Dustbag  Smiley

Sagal
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »

Hi everyone, I would like to say that it is not only the DVD version. Greenmangaming is selling a dowloadable content that is in fact similar to the DVD version and as this fact was not mentioned in their website I made the mistake to buy SABOW there. My point is that as long as you do not manage to forbid Greenmangaming to sell this version or provide them with the latest version you should give a little bit more priority to upgrade the DVD version. By the way why not bringing once and for all the DVD version to the same level of the Graviteam version so that the issue is solved. I will be very reluctant to buy again a Steam version or the Graviteam version so that I can buy the DLC.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »

Hi everyone, I would like to say that it is not only the DVD version. Greenmangaming is selling a dowloadable content that is in fact similar to the DVD version and as this fact was not mentioned in their website I made the mistake to buy SABOW there. My point is that as long as you do not manage to forbid Greenmangaming to sell this version or provide them with the latest version you should give a little bit more priority to upgrade the DVD version. By the way why not bringing once and for all the DVD version to the same level of the Graviteam version so that the issue is solved. I will be very reluctant to buy again a Steam version or the Graviteam version so that I can buy the DLC.

Wooo.  Yes, it looks like this is the old UIG version.  This should at this point not be able to be even sold.  They do not have rights anymore is my understanding.  What happened with gamersgate version is that it passed from UIG to Graviteams care.  Something went wrong here it looks like. Can you get a refund? 

Yabba dabba do
Sagal
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 03:18:27 PM »

No for the refund. I was in e-mail contact with them and they told me that they have all the rights to sell the version and it was Graviteam that was not sending them the latest version despite requesting it. So the situation is blocked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: