Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 04:45:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions regarding formation facing and on-map mortar ammunition  (Read 4478 times)
Rangoon
Oberleutnant

« on: August 29, 2015, 04:01:57 PM »

I've been combing the guides, forums, and manual, but can't find answers to these:

1. when does the facing command succeed/fail for a formation? I've tried various combinations and orders (Facing command, right-click-drag command, firing arcs, priority targets, moving quickly/normal, move/attack etc.) but can't find a predictable method. Sometimes I am telling the unit to use line formation and to face a direction but only the indiviual soldiers might move to face, not the formation. Then it seemed I needed to place a "pre" waypoint so that the formation would move from there to the destination, but that wasn't it. I thought running was breaking the formation, but that wasn't it. I finally seem to find that using the attack command with right-click-drag works but using the move command (both with the same orders: line, single, normal spread) doesn't. Am I reading this correctly?

2. How do I get my mortar team to gather up the ammo they left at the original position? I have tried running them to the exact location (I can see the ammo crate lying on the ground). They left 50% ammo there when I told them to advance into range, but upon returning, they still show 0% ammo. In the past I have seem them show 100% ammo after having them leave (not fire) and return, but today I couldn't get the abandoned ammo to register, nor would they collect any ammo and return to the front with it. What is the proper procedure here?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:24:25 AM by Rangoon » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:08:48 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

1. It works only for vehicles. It's better to not overuse it, if it's the attack order, they will act on their own.

2. Ammo will be brought when it'll be needed, not when they just stay there.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Rangoon
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 02:47:32 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks!

1. It works only for vehicles. It's better to not overuse it, if it's the attack order, they will act on their own.

I was having a hard time getting a formation to line up in some trees (a thin line of trees) and face a particular direction so that they would all be in the trees and facing the enemy. They kept lining up on an angle offset from the trees. Thanks for explaining the "Face" command is only for vehicles. Is there a better/reliable way to get a formation of infantry to align a particular way?

2. Ammo will be brought when it'll be needed, not when they just stay there.

Does this mean they will send a runner back to the ammo crates on their own once they deplete the ammo they brought with them?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »

I was having a hard time getting a formation to line up in some trees (a thin line of trees) and face a particular direction so that they would all be in the trees and facing the enemy. They kept lining up on an angle offset from the trees. Thanks for explaining the "Face" command is only for vehicles. Is there a better/reliable way to get a formation of infantry to align a particular way?
I meant the right-click drag. "Face" command will work for infantry, too. Although, this has little sense for infantry, they constantly turn their heads anyway.

Does this mean they will send a runner back to the ammo crates on their own once they deplete the ammo they brought with them?
Generally speaking, yes.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: