Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 03:58:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Sukhoi SU-2 experts  (Read 34841 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2015, 09:46:48 PM »

And now the DLC for SABOW is released.  Crap, was hoping to have that cute little jeep done around same time.   Cry  I wanna hunt tanks with a suicidal clown car mounting a 106mm recoiless rifle damnit!. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2015, 01:19:47 AM »

The end is near...finally.  Now with awful stars.  Those will not be staying.  I can FINALLY weather up the freaking model.  So many SURPRISE! issues popped up. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2015, 05:09:13 AM »

Well currently sick of texture work so doing the bomb racks and what is suppose to be an AO 25.  AS you can see its a little BIG.  Currently max is being retarded and saying the width of the shell is 122mm.  HMMM no.   Tongue  And a prototype low poly boring KD-1 bomb rack.  Its basic and weird.  Still vary wip as I have no scale drawing and based off 1 photo.  All I have =(.  

http://wunderwafe.ru/WeaponBook/Avia/Su2/Pictures/19.jpg

Looks like the width is scaled correct.  however, the length is certainly wrong.  Drawing i used must have been stretched or something odd.  The length is about a half meter longer than the bomb bay.  And this is much smaller than a FAB 100, 4 of which fit into the bomb bay.   UGH.   As all  measurements are pretty much correct and conform to the drawings of the plane.  I am currently scratching my head.  8 of these things are suppose to fit into the bomb bay.  Quite perplexed.  

This is really weird.  So unless the wingspan is something bigger than 14.3 meters i dont see how the heck any of the large bombs fit in the bomb bay.  The info i found on FAB 100 is that it has a diameter of 240mm.  Its to fat to fit 2 in the bomb bay at that.  It is possible the plans I used are off.  Or that the dimensions on either the plane or the bombs is off.  I am really going crazy here.  usually everything fits as I do my homework and is to at least close roughly to scale.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:13:42 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2015, 09:42:25 AM »

Still attempting to figure the bomb issues. 

Have to guess about right size of KD-1 rack do to having 1 photo only.  But modeled out the 82mm version of ao 2.5 as a scale referance.  i think kd1 rack might be a tad small.  But hell if I know for sure.  What I do know (if its right) is that 3 kd-1 racks with 30 ao 2.5 is suppose to fit into the bomb bay. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »

Been somewhat successful hunting down bomb info.  Taken a fair amount of time but not vary exciting screens.

A few ao 2.5 45mm types and alot of the converted defective 82mm mortar bomb types. 

Various bombs awaiting me to texture and complete the buggers...

Top to bottom..

Fab 50
fab 100
ao 25    (122mm converted shell)
the bottom 2 the smaller ao 2.5  45mm and 82 sorts. 

That is likely enough and the best info I found.  Although I did find data for 152mm shell converted to a bomb. 

Still need to make the KD-2 bomb rack and texture the KD-1.  It looks boring as hell. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2015, 10:57:51 AM »

It looks boring as hell.  

We should probably have a World of Warplanes thread. LOL!
Looks good though Flashburn.

You want more feed back start working on things we want to play with and can play with. You cant get a camera view from airplanes in this game!
Work on a Panther or T-34/85 tank, or finish the 88mm German AT/AA gun!!

Being different..... Just makes you different.
Help graviteam push a little further into late 1943 or current 2014-5!

The Ukraine was one of the most fought over regions of WW2(41-44), and is a warzone today also.The Mius area saw a current battle and alot of the current models in this game saw combat there. Only things missing are current infantry and tank models.

I use the Cubans from Hooper and the modern Soviets to simulate current battles in the Ukraine, but I wish it looked more realistic.
You should concentrate in this area if you want to piggyback off of Graviteam.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:28:46 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2015, 02:42:34 AM »

I choose to finish this thing as it has been sitting for years.  Right now I have the time and motivation.  But do not expect much in the way of tanks from me anytime soon.  If nothing changes with current situation I will most likely focus in on flak guns and vehicles that pull guns.  Since MIUS can actually have towed guns and so many did end up as actual armed vehicles as well.  2 on my mind are SDKFZ 10 and 8. SDKFZ 8 for the 88mm if I do decide to model out the trailer for it.  The sdkfz 10 was used to pull guns as well as mounting flak 30/38, pak 36 and I think up to 50mm at gun. 

I still want to see more done with tactical air in a GTOS style game.  Setting up flak traps might really add another element. 

If I still have any motivation, lend lease armor.  Still no M3 lee\grant death traps in game, as well as others.  But all that is months of full time work.  And I am no longer making half arsed test vehicles for game engine.  I am after much higher quality.  Hopefully as I go along I figure out faster methods for getting the detail I am after.  This SU2 has taken WAY longer than it should have.  Mainly as i am out of practice at rapid model/texture creation.  Thanks life....

But the SU2 is vary close to complete.  As is the M38a1 jeep.  The Flak 18 has quite a bit of work.  Depending on if I do go with the trailer.  Right now I am vary inclined too.  Although with trailer the model will most likely be shy of 30,000 triangles.  But then again, I do not think there would ever be more than a few any where near each other so should not matter with good LOD's.  But that is more than most tanks in game....

And i most likely will do some sort of German plane.  Given enough time and motivation i would freaking make totally new JU87 and IL2.  But don't worry, I will not unless for a real good reason.  I still really like that FW189 owl.  It such a funky plane that was used all over the eastern front.  If only it could call in arty strikes from the air like the real deal... Then again, so could an Su 2 in the observation role. There was a reason they gave it a good radio set.   

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2015, 03:33:44 AM »

I'm sorry Flashburn, if I sounded critical!
You do very much for this game and I for one appreciate your efforts.

I love this game and sometimes wish Graviteam could expand more into other areas.
I was looking forward to some of the other projects that they were considering and am still a little upset that they haven't released Mius Front 43 yet.

This is the only game I enjoy, and sometimes forget how much effort goes into making this kind of game!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:10:48 PM by Krabb » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2015, 05:51:27 AM »

Mius is sort of what I am aiming at...   Love to have some idea of what decade it will be done.   Tongue  I have played the snot out of GTOS and not that interested in bringing in new models for the old girl honestly.  The jeep probably yes.  I have test rigs all ready in GTOS and SABOW.  

What I REALLY want to see ( in addition to Mius) is Mius map and assets with a tank vehicle sim.  Well I want it all.  So hmmm ya.  

Mius in 41/42 would be interesting as well....

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2015, 08:57:28 AM »

Ok, KD-1 and Kd-2 bomb racks modeled.  And a selection of bombs.  Woot.  Do not think Ill use the external bomb racks as it appears they rarely fit them.  Even if weight if a light bomb load where not an issue, the drag these things produced slowed the plane down even more.  Although maybe the KD-1 with itty bitty bombs.  Maybe 4 fab 100's and 12 ao2.5 or something.  well at any rate, there are options there. 

I know I want to do 1 bomb load with 8 ao25's in the bomb bay.  And one with lots of AO 2.5.  1 has to be 4 FAB 100's.  And then maybe something weird.  Most planes are set up with 4 random load outs.  Just usually there is not enough various sorts of bombs so they duplicate over.  Not this time.  Tongue

Now to get the bomb racks into the planes texture sheet and the bombs into their own. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2015, 02:00:43 AM »

Was thinking about adding in more detail to the cockpit.  Ya NO.  After checking triangle count with a full load of ao 2.5 bombs forget it.  Will end up over 20k that way.   With about 8000 of that being bombs.  Base plane, not counting bomb racks, bombs, or the glass parts is just a hair over 10k.  Or slightly less than the MI 24 model.  Or half what some of the tanks in game are.   But need to go back and drop trianlges off the AO 82mm bomb.  To high poly count.  8000 triangle for nothing but 42 of those things is way to much.  The 45mm sort is ok however.  So for the 42 load out of ao 2.5 its going to be those.  Everyone say thank you to FB_aga.  Its all his fault. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2015, 07:14:02 AM »

A part from the bombs, FINALLY on roughing up the planes textures.  Took me way longer than I ever thought. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »

What happened to FB-AGA?  My AO bomb buddy has gone missing. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: