Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 05:41:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Command Radius?  (Read 5736 times)
MarkShot
Major

« on: September 18, 2015, 07:15:59 AM »

I cannot find any key or button that shows the command radius of commanders as per the STEAM guide.

Thanks.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 01:02:17 AM »

Most units without radios-50-100 meters(Voice command and flares). Most WW2 squads do not have radios unless they are German and in a vehicle. Land lines and radios only link leaders of those Platoons. Individual squads rely on runners or voice command. You can still issue orders to squads outside of the command radious, but it takes longer for a runner to get to them and relay that order before they react, depending on how far away they are from that leader..
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:11:15 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Manson
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 07:07:37 AM »

Taken from tactics_manual.doc included in the docs folder:

A Commander has two features: Commander Radius and Commander Level. Radius shows the distance his commands work; Level defines effectiveness of his orders.

The units inside the Radius never panic, even under a heavy fire, and they never surrender or leave their positions, even if the enemy gets closer or their weapons got broken.

If a Commander got wounded, his Radius and Level decrease. To see Radius and level, use the [ \ ] key.

In tactical mode, the [ \ ] key is mapped to "Show order list and current targets" button; the 'o' button in the lower left button block.

The button has three states: (1) off, (2) show pulsing green lines, and (3) show orders and targets.

I think the pulsing green lines in state (2) are the command radii.  

I used to think of them as communication links and that they only related to the speed at which orders are transmitted.  But if they show the command radius then the quote from the manual suggests any unit connected to a command unit by a pulsing green line will never panic, surrender, or leave their positions.  Is this true?  It doesn't seem to fit with my game experience, but I've not focused on this too much before.

I have some questions of my own about the Command Level button, but I'll ask them in a separate thread.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:10:29 AM by Manson » Logged
MarkShot
Major

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 04:29:43 PM »

I seems to me that when you select any unit, you get a temporary orange circle.  Units within that orange circle how green radiating lines.

So, yes I think that is your command radius which given that commands goes via multiple media "command influence" or "leadership projection" might be a more appropriate term.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 06:39:42 PM »

Command radius was removed more than a year ago.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
MarkShot
Major

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 06:49:17 AM »

I found some old videos showing what it looked like.

Was the mechanics and impact removed or just graphic portrayal?

Thanks.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 05:50:34 PM »

Became pointless with wire communications and the better command system.   Before it was a simple circle radius.  After it depends on what communication method is used. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: