Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 12:18:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: QB editor-Posted on Steam.  (Read 3890 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: September 26, 2015, 12:27:22 AM »

Sharing scenarios/Competitive Graviteam

Is there any way to save and share a Quick battle scenario with other players? For example I set up a nice little ambush with some German AT guns, a forward recon team and a little infantry, I then added 2 Soviet tank platoons and some infantry with an attack mentality.

It was a lot of fun to play and as long as I don't change the mission I can replay it many times, trying different ideas and playing as either side, but once I change it it's lost forever. Now, if I could save this I could go back to it and if I could export it and make it available for other players? Ya we could have something of a competitive scene going on, for example.

Challenge - As the Germans ambush the Soviet convoy en route to Rakitnoe and beat these stats...
Losses - 36 men, 2 AT guns
Kills - 67 men, 4 tanks destroyed, 2 tanks disabled
Result - Total victory
Points - xxxx

Players could post screenshots of their Victory or Defeat screens to compare the results, ya OK is not exactly multiplayer but definitely it would be competitive Graviteam Tactics of a sort. It would be interesting and informative to see how different players approached the problem and what they did to succeed, it wouldn't necessarily need to be competitive in nature, it could be a tool for learning and improving.

So ya maybe there is a way to do this but I didn't find it, if you know please I would very much like to know, or if it's impossible maybe it is something that could be added in the future, I think it would add something extra to this great game.

I did see there are ways to make campaigns and mods etc but I am not a very techy guy OK so... ya forget it, it look too complicated, a simple player friendly save and export/import feature attached to quick battles (or even actual campaign battles too) would be so great, maybe taking advantage of the Steam workshop.

What could make this even better would be a way to issue Initial orders to the AI prior to saving so there is some control over what they do, at least in the start, for example move along road in column formation to point A, maybe set an objective on the map like 'assault this village' or even a chain of more complex orders if it is possible, this would be magnificent.

edit - summary of ideas and community additions

Ability to name and save Quick battle scenarios
Ability to export and import scenarios
Ability to issue simple Initial orders to AI
Option to lock difficulty/realism settings for exported scenarios
Scenario name appearing on the victory screen
Ability for 2 players to control either side in the same game session
Ability to save/export mid battle files

Last edited by Gudarian; Sep 24 @ 12:11pm

Showing 1-8 of 8 comments

Simdeck   Sep 23 @ 3:01pm  

Would be great to have something like this. That's all I can add because I don't know but I would imagine the 2 players would have to have the settings exactly the same etc?

Gudarian   Sep 23 @ 3:08pm  

Originally posted by Simdeck:
... I would imagine the 2 players would have to have the settings exactly the same etc? Ya you make an excellent point here, this might be a problem, the author of the scenario could post his settings, at least those that affect difficulty and realism so players can replicate exactly the conditions, as things are right now ya, there is no way to enforce this.

Ideally it would be great to have difficulty and realism settings for exported battles locked, (or an option to do so) so when a player imports it and plays it he gets the exact same conditions and experience but in a way that has no effect on his preferred game settings.

I don't know if something like this would be feasible but it would be really great..

From what I understand, this will be a feature for the new Mius Front 43 game!  You will be able to set up a battle in the  Quick Battle editor and save and share with the community.

I personally want to see this in the current game! Even if I have to pay 5-10$ for it!!
I've done this for other war games, and would find this as another welcome hobby to increase more interest in this game.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:56:34 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 12:48:56 PM »

Scenario editor would be much better than this QB editor.Every simulation game like DCS or IL2-Sturmovik, War Thunder, Strike Fighters and every RTS I played has a normal map and scenario editor.Or at least make available full map for unit placing and not just 3x3 place with 3 or 4 slots for units.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:27:17 PM »

Scenario editor would be much better than this QB editor.Every simulation game like DCS or IL2-Sturmovik, War Thunder, Strike Fighters and every RTS I played has a normal map and scenario editor.Or at least make available full map for unit placing and not just 3x3 place with 3 or 4 slots for units.

I too, would prefer a scenario editor. My thoughts are the devs would eventually like to include Multi-player and quick battles would be the way
that un-folds!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: