Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:34:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is this a victory?  (Read 4661 times)
MarkShot
Major

« on: September 28, 2015, 07:54:06 AM »

One unit of 3 German TDs versus unknown number of Soviet infantry and tanks.  The Germans lose their only key point on the map.  I lose 2 of 3 TDs (brew up).  My last TD is crippled while the Soviets continue to take pot shots at it.

Finally, I withdraw.

The game gives me a victory.  How is that possible?  What did I achieve?  I killed 1 T-34; is that worth so much?

Thanks.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »

top column.. German forces 36 USSR 166.  You gave as good as you got while being out numbered.  I really think instead of victory/defeat that maybe effectiveness would be a better way of putting it. 

Yabba dabba do
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 05:55:00 PM »

There has been a lot of discussion on this subject. Take a look here for example. It's a different game (SABOW), but the engine is pretty much the same.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 06:02:08 PM »

Engine is exactly the same.  =) Although with a few differences.  Shows how versatile it is.  Hell, with higher poly models of building and plants you could probably pull off an FPS.  Although you would have to probably have a lower view distance that way.   

Yabba dabba do
MarkShot
Major

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:42:57 AM »

So, in terms of GTOS:

"Less is more"

and

"More is less"

A game engine with a very "minimalist" philosophy!  I am pleased to know that one of my new favorite games actually has a "soul"!  Smiley
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 12:14:18 PM »

Engine is exactly the same.  =) Although with a few differences.  Shows how versatile it is.  Hell, with higher poly models of building and plants you could probably pull off an FPS.  Although you would have to probably have a lower view distance that way.  
Combining GTOS (and SABOW ) with a FPS would be great. Add a good flight sim, like DCS World, on top of that and it would make a perfect game.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: