Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 05:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: SABOW DLC: Basra 86  (Read 29357 times)
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 05:22:32 AM »

If Gravi make a Chieftain and a T-72 Iraqi playable then this game go straight to the Glory
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 07:15:35 PM »

If Gravi make a Chieftain and a T-72 Iraqi playable then this game go straight to the Glory

Yup, that is what I want, too.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 06:09:08 AM »

But a chieftan Mk5 and a t72m1 are really different generations of tanks....  Sure if the cheftain where like a Mk 13 or something, but the mk5 uses a freaking heavy machine gun to range target. While the t72  uses a laser.  This is a pretty huge difference in performance. ww2 fire controls VS late 70's tech.  At least an M48, leopard 1,  m60 have a good although slower way to range targets at range.  In game terms, think vary few missed shots for the t72 while a number will be needed to get on target with a Mk5. 

Now i do like the idea of  t55, 10x if we also where to get a TO55 flame tank.   Tongue  Flame thrower and a 100mm gun?  Yes please.  A centurion would also be nice.  Even something other like a PT76.   Everyone who used t54, t55, t62 seems to have those as well. 

Or screw all that.... give me a T34-76 and a panzer mk3. 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 11:02:58 AM »

Iraqi used export versions of the T-72 "Ural-1" with a telescopic sight-rangefinder TPD-2-49 and T-72M/M1.

T-72 was to a good addition in SA:BoW. When Iranians can captured tanks like T-62/T-55 and T-72.

I put some pictures :

Iraqi Republican Guard T-72 Ural

Iranians operating captured Iraqi T-72 Ural

Iranian T-72M captured from Iraqis

And an interesting quote:

"Both sides - Iraq and Iran - noted the undoubted advantages of the Soviet armored vehicles. So, one of the highest Iranian officers Afzali in June 1981 praised the Soviet T-72 tank: "The T-72 has the maneuverability and firepower that British tanks" Chieftain "do not go to any comparison with it. Iran has no effective means of dealing with the T-72. " About the same evaluation was awarded the tank and the results of the battles at Basra in July 1982, Iranian officers also noted a high reliability and ease maintenance of captured Iraqis Soviet tanks compared to the tanks of American and British production."
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 04:13:08 PM »

Ok but if the T-72 is superior, then you should look the point to avoid this in game. What the Iranian did in real battle against this and how this can be simulated in game.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 12:52:54 AM »

Ok but if the T-72 is superior, then you should look the point to avoid this in game. What the Iranian did in real battle against this and how this can be simulated in game.

Well sure, but if you have choice do to limited budget do you make something really uber or something that was in more common usage?  Doing a really nice t-72 for ai only might be 2 weeks of work.  Making a t72 with interior that works like the real thing might be 2 or 3 months.  For that time and money you could practically make an entire nations armored force.  Then you have steel beasts pro that has a really well put together t72.  If you are looking for a tank that covers the greatest number of conflicts its a t55. In fact, it may have been more logical to do a t55 and M48 instead of the t62 and m60.  I know many folks want to go more modern as its closer to home.  But game play wise I am not sure that is the greatest idea.  Suddenly you have tanks that can engage out to 4000 meters with incredible accuracy firing vary powerful shells.  The 3000 meter limit of map suddenly gets really small. Its all ready pretty small with what we have now.  How often on some maps do you start a battle and just start blasting 2500 meters across the map 30 seconds in?  So for game play I think going backwards in time will make for better game play.  A t55 is realistically a 1500 meter ranged tank.  It can shoot farther, but its not easy to hit things. Unless you get more playable space, going more modern is a bad idea IMO.  And that do to how the game is broken up in 2km chunks is a bit of an issue. I think a squeal with that issue tackled makes sense to go forward on the time line.  Battle area need to get to 5 or 6 km IMO not 3km where you are within range of pretty much every anti tank missile and tank gun made from the late 70's on.  With what we have now, we need to go backwards on the time line for game play.  Ww2 is vary logical with what we have.  800 meters was closer to average engagement range with 2000 meters being later war tanks with higher velocity guns.  But that was rare to happen. 

The T72 did not get to export client states till the latter 1980's.  Sure some got to some middle eastern countries sooner.  But even Warsaw pact members did not get the thing till like a decade after the USSR.  If you go more modern it starts to get really lethal and no second chances. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »

BTW... An AI T72m might be really interesting to fight against.  

And finished the new DLC last night.  I really liked it over all.  The map is great IMO.  Really interesting fights.  I think I still like the Angola campaign and map a bit more.   But this DLC is way better than other campaigns.   Grin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:46:12 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 11:34:22 PM »

Mate this simulator make me feel a real battle tanks unlike the SteelBeast make me simulate only systems, mostly western. Also the SB is a partial pro NATO simulator where the only Russian tank you find there is a T-72 with none missiles availability and is not the Russian version. So all you find in SB is obsolete Russian armament from the Warsaw treatment ex Soviet technology against Beasts like Loapards 2 and Abrams M1A2, 80's vs 21 century is ridiculous!

Make a T-72 for Iraqi forces against Iranian Chieftain is a real simulation and is real past life unlike the Fantastic dream from SB making only Malyulka portable missile from the 60's against Abrams and leopards 2.

Steel Armor from Graviteam game is more serious and I first support them than a fanatic partialized team.
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 06:32:18 PM »

The playable Chieftain MK5P and T-55 and AI controlable AMX-30, M47M , M48A5, ZSU-23-4 would be high up on my personal wish list.
 M-48 it was used extensively by a large number of nations and Iranian - Iraqi war.
Also I support the Graviteam. Basra is great addition.

In Steel Beasts, only T-62 ( partialy modeled) and T-72M/M1 is playable.

The rest , such as: T-55, T-64A/B, T-72B(early and with ERA), T-72M4, T-80U , T-90S and PT-76 for AI use only.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 04:20:31 AM »

It's a bit puzzling how they didn't release anything for gamersgate versions Sad

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 04:41:16 AM »

It's a bit puzzling how they didn't release anything for gamersgate versions Sad

Maybe issue on GG side or some such.  Probably dealing with money. 

Yabba dabba do
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »

I think this link isn't too hard to find in the sticky and on the website: http://shop.graviteam.ua/sa-basra86. The same goes for patches. So, what's "anything"?

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 01:35:03 PM »

You should tell "Graviteam version is compatible with GamersGate version"  Wink
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 01:37:32 PM »

It says this in the announcement. Cheesy

That's a fine point, thanks! I'll add this to other places, too.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:39:31 PM by Krabb » Logged

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 07:37:32 PM »

How new is this? I just bought mine on Saturday and it's not compatible. Or I'm just a retard and I don't get how to use the installer to install it

Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 08:21:27 AM »

How new is this? I just bought mine on Saturday and it's not compatible. Or I'm just a retard and I don't get how to use the installer to install it

Maybe I can help.

I added an extension like this : sa_basra86_dlc_int.gt2extension and
elegantly installed as an update.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:31:25 AM by Andres87 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 08:54:47 AM »

"How to" again

2 cases with extension (gt2extension) and w/o extension if you download through IE for example, and it cut extension.

Open updater tool by updater.cmd or click to game version in main menu

Click "Install" button

Case 1: with extension

Simple select sabow_basra86.gt2extension file

Case 2: w/o extension

Write *.* and then press Enter button to show all files

Select sabow_basra86 file

And do not forget, in both cases Save&play button

P.S. Apologies for the chewing of such obvious things about files

P.P.S Let me remind that in order to work correctly, the September 15 patch is needed over the GamersGate version
http://graviteam.com/games/SABOW.html?action=downloads
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:03:41 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2020, 07:12:26 PM »

Is it correct that dlc Basra 86 is only available on Steam for the Steam base game version only?  I bought Sabow on GG but I don't see Basra 86 offered there.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: