Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 06:39:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Infantry woes  (Read 4145 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: October 07, 2015, 10:55:01 PM »

Got sucked into the Basra DLC and playing the Iraq campaign.  With the huge numbers of Iran infantry which generally are nothing but bullet sponges as they have zero anti tank ability (except the AT  squad) well.... i keep finding myself machine gunning down huge numbers of infantry and they do not even disperse under fire.  Just wait to get gunned down.  now this is present in all gravi games.  But so glaring in this DLC.  Would be nice if the AI at least had the option to change orders and somewhere before getting badly suppressed they might stop their mindless advance and seek cover.  In this DLC as Iraq once you know the 2 guys in a platoon with RPG's are dealt with, you can simply start running over the suppressed infantry.  Or even just giving some of them RKG-3, satchel or anything so at least some of them run around trying to do something productive.  At lease then a few will not be all bunched up waiting to get machine gunned. 

Oh!  And why does 12.7mm still account for like 60 percent off ammo load out for t62!  You shoot at UAV's and fire off your 250 rounds and now your tank is at like 20 percent ammo.  Follow up mission your screwed as despite having a near full load of main gun rounds the last battle, now you have like 8 do to 12.7 eating SO much ammo percentage. 

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »

So main gun and mg ammo is not accounted for separately?

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 05:52:58 AM »

So main gun and mg ammo is not accounted for separately?

No.  Its a simple percentage. And i actually think that is just fine.  Just the t62 12.7 using a HUGE amount of that percentage.  If you fire all its ammo but not the main gun ammo, your next turn will have that tank at 40 percent or less of ammo. 

I do think that the percentage thing overall is fine.  After battle cross leveling ammo or finding various ammo sorts is the normal thing.  Just this 12.7mm ammo thing is nuts!  5 50 round cans of the stuff does not equal 30 115mm rounds!  I do not notice the same thing with the M60....

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: