Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:08:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimod 2.1 for Basra dlc out.  (Read 43976 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: October 10, 2015, 09:31:58 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tyol9mo70oh2nfr/minimod_2.1V3..gt2extension  Minimod 2.1

If Iranian helmet is showing hair, re-download.  That was a last minute OH crap event.  Fixed now.  

Minimod 2.1  

Works with Basra DLC.  As of this time, without Basra DLC will causes crashes with some Iranian troops.  Should be fine with everything else.  Will make plane old remastered version soon.  

https://www.mediafire.com/?0rsxamcm2o8o265  Hotfix for minimod 2.1 without Basra DLC

This is a potential hot fix for minimod 2.1 WITHOUT basra DLC.  I can not test it do to steam not letting me disable this DLC for some unknown reason.  

It needs to be above minimod 2.1.  It removes references to units of Basra DLC and changes models of Paratroopers back to their old one.  And thats all this does.  Only use if NOT running Basra DLC.  If you are running Basra DLC, it will disable most of the new toys for Iran.   If you run this mod and then buy Basra DLC, uninstall and trash this hot fix.  

This is a little itty bitty mod that simply adds a few silly things to infantry in game.  

An anti tank rifle grenade that can be fired by the G3 and FN Fal.  Only a few soldiers per squad get one.  For Iran (energa), South Africa (R something or another, a South African made improved super energa anti tank rifle grenade).  These are vary not likely to kill your tank, or any tank really.  But they can mess one up bad so no crazy running over infantry for fun.

A rifle fired smoke grenade that infantry officers and squad leaders can fire at your tank.   Hmmm silly, but limits of the game engine.

A Russian made hand held smoke grenade that never has ever worked quite right.  If close to a tank they *might* throw it at you if they have nothing better.  

A re textured silly hat for Unita.  Makes them look more like their PR posters from the 1980's.

An M1 style steel helmet that is now not really needed but I got use to mine so there....

Increases ammo to 7 magazines worth of ammo for every infantry dude.

More RKG-3 anti tank grenades about.  

Not sure what I am going to do for new Iranian soldiers just yet.  Something to make them slightly less awful when dealing with armor.  Paratroopers and Frogmen in particular, YEP!  Energa anti tank rifle grenades for them!  Which realistically is about the largest thing you could swim a river with...  But not probably realistic.  Iran expended their rifle grenades way early in the war and Belgium was not selling them any more.  That is IF internet forum threads about the Iran/Iraq war are to be believed.  

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:37:01 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:25:13 PM »

Behold!  The mighty energa rifle grenade.  It appears to not be deadly to the gaz 66.  Well actually, I found some bugs with the gaz.  The windows are now bullet proof.  And well, who knows with energa.  Hit a wheel so not going to blow the thing up.  

Slight improvement on the G3 rifle texture.  Its darker and less stupid looking.     Tongue  Does not come with a 62 butt number.  That was just to let me know the thing was working. 

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:48:44 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Asid
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »

Nice work FlashBurn

keep it up my friend Smiley

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 02:32:37 PM »

At least this thing I can get out the door... again.  And vary soon.  Unlike that su2, M38a1, etc etc.  Or go back and revisit the old playable M113a1 model I never could get to freaking work.  But this little stuff! ya we can do this.  And how many people want more dangerous infantry?  But only dangerous if you blunder close in.  I may have to write a slower firing config for the G3 firing rifle grenades.  Some update to game years ago caused an issue where they will fire rifle grenades at the cyclic rate of 550 rounds a minute.  When I 1st made this thing, that did not happen.  Also reported rifle grenade numbers right.  No longer does that anymore.  Not just mine, but also the high explosive one south Africa has in default game.

So I am thinking about giving those badji guys from DLC KS bottles.  Which is a left over in game from GTOS.  Basically a Molotov.  not really sure what these guys would have.  They are pretty much just militia types given whatever was around.  I do not want to make them actually good on firepower.  At least this way they have vary slight chance of hurting a tank and will actually run around  trying to do something other than sit there crawling around tanks.  Some should get up and try and throw the thing at said tank.  Well that is my thinking.  Slightly less crappy Bajdi troops. I am open to suggestions.  Could also give 2 or 3 guys G3's and rifle grenades.  But per the glorious internet, Iran had already used them up way before 1986.  A few with satchel charges? 

Now why I am even bothering is do to what I ended up doing in the Iraq campaign.  Once i figured out that most of these crappy troops did not take an anti tank section out the pool,  I started just running their suppressed butts over.  This was working wonderfully until i did bump into one platoon that did have an RPG section.  Using running over suppressed troops as a tactic should never happen! 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 12:22:22 PM »

Well, poop.  My RGD-2 smoke grenades are suddenly crashing the game for an unknown reason.  Maybe no smoke grenades for all soviet client states.  Always strange problems with this stupid thing.  Must be something to do with  hand thrown grenades and smoke.  Works fine any other way.  Go figure. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 01:45:37 PM »

Well sort of fixed the RGD-2 smoke grenade. Figures it happens AFTER I say its broken.  Always works out that way for me.  HMMMM it just kills tanks really really well right now.  OOPS.  need to fix that. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 02:12:55 PM »

I gave KS bottles a go for Badji troops.  For some incredibly strange reason they have vary little problems killing buttoned up t62's.  So forget that idea.  I am thinking just give 4 troops out of 19 some RKG-3's and be done with it.  That should prevent me from trying to run them over.   Tongue  Or make a new old surplus grenade model.  HMMMM....

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 04:12:07 AM »

UGH not this problem again! Seems SO straight forward to just update the little thing.  But NO.  Any rate, Iranian frogmen with a chance against tanks.  Not really however.  More like brake a light fixture unless they get a flank or just lucky.  Blows up light armor pretty well.  All hail the energa rifle grenade, brought to you my MECAR.  ALso by: Belgium.... the little nation with a small military that makes lots of the things that go boom. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 07:08:55 AM »

Gonna take this thing for a spin and replay the DLC with this thing.  If it seems to work should re-re-re release for remastered sabow maybe by next weekend.  As of now the only sides I did not mess around with at all are the Afgans and Soviet army.   I will probably add smoke grenades tweak ammo count for the USSR.   

Might do some small visual things for all sides.  Like add a radio pack for radio troops.  They are in the game but you can not tell who the heck has the radio now.  Not that it really matters.  But might look nifty.  Will also pack old fart 1st campaign I did as it still seems to work, operation safari.  Its not that great, but for those that never played it, well its not a quick battle...I mean battle editor thing. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 07:58:55 AM »

BTW, anyone know how to make my smoke shells stay persistent after being thrown.  I mean the model for the grenade ala the T62 shells.  Have not spotted what does this in the config.  Its silly having smoke billowing out of the ground with no source.  Looks stupid.  And why on earth do all of the sudden smoke grenades kill crew in tanks!  Ok my RGD-2 mishap was a config error on my part.  Its corrected now.  But seems if you give it a fire effect (to catch dry grass on fire) it kills crew in vehicles!  Also why I think the KS bottle is now the best close range anti tank weapon ever.  I hope this "feature" did not end up in GTOS.  

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 09:55:01 AM »

Good thing I did not release the re-new mini mod yet.  Seems to have introduced a REALLY wierd bug with the F10 map.  Takes forever to open it and is a real lag fest.  That is if its my little mod that is causing this.  Vary strange. 

Also, think I am going to try and tweak how often heavy machine guns will fire salvos.  Aimed at the zu23-2, all the 12.7mm mg's, and maybe 14.5mm mg.  Not sure how much I can effect that.  Also see if its possible to get 14.5mm to spam tanks.  Not sure about this last one.  Interesting to see if it add's anything or is just a stupid idea. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 04:37:27 PM »

Well so far I am digging the tweaks to heavy machine guns and the zu23-2.  So far just increased how many numbers a burst will be.  Lots more flying metal about.  The zu is now really deadly to anything light.  APC's are killing each other much more and faster as well. Small tweak, but I think its a keeper. Still heavy MG's will not engage a tank.  Even showing rear to a 14.5 mg.  There was a time they would fire if you showed a weak side.  Cant seem to get them to do it.

Just watched 2 hinds get flamed by a zu-23-2 with this tweak.  It took sometime, but more bangs sooner or later equals clear air space from choppers.  Considering it took 1 aa gun and not 3 or 4 I think that is good.  Well if as player your trying to defend your air space.  Not so good if you need chopper support and the ai has one or more of these things.  Also attempting to get the diska to be more trigger happy for air craft.  That would is a bit more tricky.  The recoil of the gun after around 5 or 6 rounds makes the gun rock back and forth.  Kind of funny actually.

Why did I not think of this earlier..   

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 06:29:13 PM »

Few more kinks to work out with the smoke grenades.  Even though they are really limited use as the AI will only throw them if really close to armor they still in certain cases are surprisingly good.  Well for the AI. 

Was hiding out from a couple tanks in a wadi.  Some infantry guys actually came to my location.  1st one got close, I had no line of sight.  He threw his smoke grenades and actually smoked me out.  Then maybe 45 seconds later I was getting RKG-3's thrown at me from somewhere.  I got bum rushed, blinded, and destroyed by infantry with nothing but a couple smoke grenades and a hand full of RKG-3's.   Undecided 

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 07:46:55 PM »

You could drop their morale level a bit to make them break faster when dealing with tanks. I'd say that keeps it fairly realistic

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »

Whipped this low poly prc77 and alice frame out tonight.  -hand set.  OOPS.  Give it to all radio troops if all works out.  After which you can see who is the radio operator. 

Hopefully its less f ugly when its done.  Probably in a couple hours...

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 10:44:45 AM »

Well it should work out for its purposes in the end.  Not going to win a beauty contest. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 11:49:04 AM »

if anyone out there can point me at the commonly used Warsaw pact radio of the 1960-1980's let me know.  I know nothing.  For now everyone gets a PRC 77 low poly.

Good  enough for this purpose.  Now to rig into mode.  UGH this will suck. 

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:05:19 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 01:48:39 PM »

I appear to have NO idea how to get the radio onto the back.  Makes a great hat. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »

After some digging around in the config files I figured out where the place things on the back attach to a regular soldier.  And now the game is screwing with my mind.  Whatever i do it is flipping mesh around and generally being annoying as hell.  More time trying to get this dumb thing to the right place on the back than it took to make it.   Angry

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 03:55:55 PM »

So this is what some of Radiohead are doing these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiohead

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: