Graviteam
March 19, 2024, 11:35:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Night fighting mission  (Read 6844 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: April 04, 2017, 04:37:47 PM »

I was playing the Night Fighting training Mission supplied with the game where you get to use the M60 IR light.  I can never see the opponent vehicles, either using the IR sights or the regular sights.  My other platoon tank can see them and shoot at them.  I can be seen and hit by the enemy as well.  If I go to the TC position, my gunner can target the enemy but if I assume the gunner's position I can't see them, no matter which sight I use (z and c keys).  The most I can ever see is the enemy vehicle's lights.

Bring back 3D markers!
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 04:54:57 PM »

Is 'stay concealed' selected on the orders menu? This cause the IR projector to be turned off, IIRC.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 03:28:15 AM »

33lima, no I turned it on.  The vision of the ai is uncanny.  I can see my wing man blasting away at the enemy and I can see shots coming in from them.  If I act as commander, gunner can sight and return fire but if I use either the commander's scope or the gunner's scope I can't spot the tanks that are firing at me.  Perhaps it is the foliage.

Bring back 3D markers!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 02:59:02 AM »

When you say you "can't spot them", are you referring to the sight being broken or you're having a hard time differentiating between rocks and tanks?

It's quite a bit easier to fix the latter.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:54:36 PM »

I can see trees and objects and enemy apcs dashing about in the underbrush.  But I cannot spot the enemy tanks that can see and target me.  My ai wing man can see them because he is shooting at them.  When I act as TC the gunner will spot and fire at tanks but I cannot see what he is shooting at or spot other targets for him to shoot.

Bring back 3D markers!
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 08:21:11 PM »

You can use the button to take a target from the commander. The gun will face the right direction, and I think a white/grey dot is displaying on the target. Try to give us some screenshots of the situation  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: