Graviteam
March 19, 2024, 09:27:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you like a Playable T-72?
Yes, will be great have this beauty
Yes, but only if there is another tank to face the T-72
No, I expect older units as a playable T-55
No, I prefer stay with old technology forever.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you like a Playable T-72 tank?  (Read 68638 times)
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »

what part is incorrect? for t-72a, that is very accurate. lack of searchlight is bug. i saw other screenshots where it exists

i think most accurate t-72 ever made in a game. just a shame it's arcade, not sim.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:10:40 PM by johncage » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 01:36:04 PM »

what part is incorrect? for t-72a, that is very accurate.
At first look:
Turret (most of equipment wrong placed and shifted to front), sights, lights, MGs, some reactive armor blocks, smoke dischargers

i think most accurate t-72 ever made in a game. just a shame it's arcade, not sim.
Games in general are extremely rare have correctly modelled tanks, this is not exception.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 04:57:27 AM »

i guess that is right. why more technical people like graviteam must make it Wink
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »

Its more like that the folks modeling the thing are not tank people.  Given a short time frame to model with a subject that does not interest them.  Usually that sort of thing is fine.  Like no one cares if a house model is slightly off or trees.  But other things like human form has to be right.  Car people expect a certain model of car to look and be right in a racing game.  Same thing with tanks, planes and guns on the militaristic side.  Like how many FPS attempt to model this or that firearm but someone who knows it well (or carried one), go OH HELL NO, that's all wrong.  While everyone else thinks its fine.  Sometimes good enough IS.  Sometimes, no it is not. 

Yabba dabba do
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 03:22:13 AM »

when graviteam made iron warriors t-72, you have to remember it was cutting edge back then. i think it would be amazing if they got brand new engine and made a sequel. unreal engine 4 is the free engine right now that is quite powerful, i don't know if it's suited to huge terrain and vehicle mechanistic, physics, and ballistics though.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 12:07:50 AM »

i think it would be amazing if they got brand new engine and made a sequel.
But why?

unreal engine 4 is the free engine right now that is quite powerful, i don't know if it's suited to huge terrain and vehicle mechanistic, physics, and ballistics though.
It is not free for commercial game dev. And not needed for this.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 12:58:49 AM »

The current graphic engine is enough. They only have to do optimization to increase the battle area for modern tanks
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 06:46:55 AM »

but their t-80 is very correct. newer model than t-72

http://armoredtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/t-80_6.jpg
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 11:35:00 AM »

Not much better. Someone stole the MG and IR caps again, crooked fuel tanks and commander's cupola and painted the infrared lights in white color Grin.
From typical mistakes, it is clear that they do people who do not interest tanks and they do not even try to understand how and where it works.

Sorry, but tank models in AW much worse than the latest models from WOT or WT.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:41:51 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Wiedzmin
Major

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 11:50:03 AM »

it's very retarted, same as T-72 nothing nothing similar with real tank

models frow AW made by retards and mostly for retards(no offence) Smiley
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 12:01:03 PM »

it's very retarted, same as T-72 nothing nothing similar with real tank

models frow AW made by retards and mostly for retards(no offence) Smiley

Lol...!
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 11:34:14 AM »

Sorry, but the creators of AW, didn't want to consult with a decent monographie or technical instruction, they preferred to create a fantasy tanks, same like WOT. Even western tanks look tragically.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:17:08 PM by Andres87 » Logged
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2015, 03:57:33 AM »

i think they make the best tanks for now simply because no other company goes modern tanks in high fidelity. i cannot find any other developer who makes t-80 in modern engine. that level of accuracy is tolerable for the moment.
Wiedzmin
Major

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2015, 07:08:35 AM »

because no other company goes modern tanks in high fidelity

realy ?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2015, 12:52:48 PM »

i think they make the best tanks for now simply because no other company goes modern tanks in high fidelity. i cannot find any other developer who makes t-80 in modern engine. that level of accuracy is tolerable for the moment.
In Steel Beasts, latests models more accurate.
Yes it does not look "shiny and glowing" and not in "modern engine" but much better than AW

Fritz
Generaloberst

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2015, 01:19:34 PM »

In CombatMission SF and BS also 3d models is good Wink

IN TANK WE TRUST
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2015, 01:47:36 PM »

In CombatMission SF and BS also 3d models is good Wink

If this game was released 10 years ago, yes  Grin. But CM so much lacking polygons and textures. Even in the SB remembered that already 21 century and add polygons and texture resolution Smiley

Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2015, 07:40:17 PM »

I think Steal Beast is not that good in tank models. Also they only make playable the NATO tanks so this company is playing with politics goals. They are professionals losers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2015, 10:34:04 PM »

I think Steal Beast is not that good in tank models. Also they only make playable the NATO tanks so this company is playing with politics goals. They are professionals losers!

They marketed their program to the US military as a training aid.  They then adapted it for the game market.  Their emphasis would be on NATO equipment.  I doubt there is any political motivation involved.  As far as being losers, I think the company is quite successful.

Bring back 3D markers!
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 11:34:07 PM »

They marketed their program to the US military as a training aid.  They then adapted it for the game market.  Their emphasis would be on NATO equipment.  I doubt there is any political motivation involved.  As far as being losers, I think the company is quite successful.

Who care about what they really do for the military market. We are not in game to be manipulated, we are free. Honestly success for Steal Beast is not real
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: