Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 01:47:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to vids on sabow I am wasting time on, or am I?  (Read 15455 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: October 22, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »

Test run part1 of some SABOW how too video things.  

http://plays.tv/video/5628337d269f241499/sabow-tutorial-operation-phase-stuff-running-basra-86-dlc-  Operation phase

http://plays.tv/video/56283fe18a57fd9db6   Set up phase and stuff.

http://plays.tv/video/562860d5e7a27185f5  Chopper VS tank  This is honestly nothing really but a clip of vid while I was working out issues with recording and just used to test uploading to share servers.  

Right now they are just raw clips of video.  Trying to see if its worth the hassle to fix audio levels and actually edit them.   Another headache as preimier pro cs5 is being TOTALLY stupid on importing properly these mp4 clips.  

But I talk N stuff, and try to explain things.  If it is at all useful and if I should clean these up or make more is the questions I am asking.  

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »

Well, from my point of view you are not wasting your time.  I have watched the deployment one and learned a few things.  I think they give good info.  So I would say that you should clean up the audio levels and edit them as that would make them easier to view and learn from.

-I enjoyed you sharing your thoughts on the whys and wheres of deploying the units as well as the strategic considerations.

Constructive criticism: (you may have planned to take care of these things in the editing.)

-Be slower and more deliberate when showing which interface buttons you are clicking.  It's difficult to tell which one you are talking about and clicking on.  Perhaps highlighting them somehow would help.

-Considerate writing a script before you start so that you have a plan to follow when recording.  It will save you time when editing and make the production smoother and a less lengthy video.  

-Think about cutting down on the chatter.  It sounds like you are trying to fill the time with words so there's no empty air time.  It shows your personality and that is entertaining but too much of it can get distracting.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:11:01 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »

Fix audio as much as possible and highlighting things with an over lay is good.

Script is what I would do if I where going for professional level here.  It simply takes even MORE time and it would likely end up dry.  Its not exciting stuff.  I was aiming at simple amateur how too/lets play style vid that seems to float lots of peoples boats.  Notes with key points I would have had if I was expecting it to work.  All of a sudden it was so I rolled with it as best I could. 

As far as chatter, well hmmm.   Tongue  How my noodle works.   And talking to myself is really weird and am having issues with that.  Most likely get better as if I keep going and get use to talking to a mic.    Undecided   I was attempting to info-tain.  If I got a chuckle at least once I succeeded.  If it becomes over blown I failed.     

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 07:02:52 PM »

I would like to make videos like previous ones, but I speak French only... Embarrassed
CrackerJack
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

Please keep making VIDs!  I just picked SA up and how to's are lacking.  A video series for new players would help bring people into the game.  Thanks for your efforts!
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 02:03:55 PM »

Are there videos somewhere?

Links are dead for me.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 08:16:11 PM »

Flashburn may have them but he has not been on here since last October.  Try youtube?

Bring back 3D markers!
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 08:11:30 AM »

You will find more videos on Youtube. Also, you can check on Steam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: