Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 02:09:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: operation star on steam  (Read 4695 times)
davjhedges
Oberleutnant

« on: October 26, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »

can somebody tell me if apos if downloaded from steam will work on win 7 64 bit computers.?and is it easier to get the dlcs working if bought through steam.last time i played this game it was on a win xp machine , and i failed to get even the patches working,please advise.thx davidh.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 07:58:05 PM »

can somebody tell me if apos if downloaded from steam will work on win 7 64 bit computers.?and is it easier to get the dlcs working if bought through steam.last time i played this game it was on a win xp machine , and i failed to get even the patches working,please advise.thx davidh.

Yes and yes. 

If you want to get walked threw the patch process its not hard.  It got easier from way back when.  But steam version is really easy so long as nothing goes wrong.  Ya, I have both. 

Yabba dabba do
davjhedges
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 08:52:48 PM »

thx for that flashburn,will buy the game again,really enjoyed playing it ,look forward to playing the addons as well.regards,davidh
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 11:11:43 PM »

Steam owns your game! While you may have the luxury of automatic updates, you still have to deal with Steam quirks and problems with 3rd party mods, that will make your game do funny shit!

With Gamersgate, you own your game and can put it on a stick and play without Steam or internet access and experiment with things, while keeping a backup and not have to worry about Steam problems.

If you have problems adding mods to your game, steam won't help you and you will have to wait till a dev or the person who initiated the problem helps you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: