Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 07:36:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting the playable I HOPE! M38a1 again.  (Read 22630 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 09:26:19 AM »

Still at it.  Stuck in the config work and probably will be for quite some time.  Need to get basic functions working right and stable.  Getting there...vary vary slowly. 

And then we have goof ball gunner pose and no idea how to make it not look retarded.  Gunner needs new pose and probably animation   for gun elevation and depression.  That will probably never happen.   Sad

Good news is it has not yet crashed the game yet today.  That is a good sign.   Grin

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 07:46:08 AM »

Adding in things like a working steering wheel and place holders for more high poly .50 cal. OOPS.

YA...   

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »

Turning is totally screwed up.  i have no idea why when you take driver place turn radius of wheels goes ape shit insane.  And wheel sticks to the left if you turn left.  Vary vary weird.  

Various experiments trying to get this and that working.  Binoculars is proving trouble some.  That is why the TC (truck commander) is standing up goofy.  If he is "turned out" they work.  Which makes no sense in a jeep where you don't DO THAT.  Atempted another solution with the gunners binoculars.  Makes game unstable and sort of works using choose optic keys of sabow and not B or the interface.  UGH.  

Right now it works fine if you just sit in the TC seat and just give orders.  That at least works.   Cheesy

At the rate i am going now Ill get this thing working in like 500 man hours.  That is crazy bad.  

Think I will spend the next few days of free time doing things I know how to do.  Like model stuff and make better textures.   As I did at least set up place holder meshes for gunner area.  Going to get an uber good .50cal with all the bells and whistles.  Will only show if in the jeep or with external camera with player in the jeep.  Probably use it to bake normals for lower poly .50 you know and love.  Last area of rendering insanity is seats.  game draws those 1st.  Then draws the crew on next pass.  Which leads to driver and commander showing threw seats for gunner.  Rest of that non-sense is fixed.  

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:12:17 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 10:12:27 PM »

Can't GT give you any advice or is it just a matter of labor?

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 01:18:17 AM »

Can't GT give you any advice or is it just a matter of labor?

I get some help from Andrey.  Certain things like place states I thought I understood after a bit if chatting.  Turns out just enough to stop the game crashing.  But could also be related to the fact that playable vehicles are intended to be tanks or tank like.  Not open vehicles like this with wheels.  Lots of little things are not quite working right do to this.  Other things like strange sticking to left wheel while driving had me totally at a loss.  Far as I can tell there is no reason it should be doing that.  AI drives, it works.  Human drives its crash off a pontoon bridge if you try to correct left. 

So I do not know how much help I can get.  I have said things like, maybe sell as a micro vehicle DLC.  Which should pay for time.  Maybe get me coffee money too.  Or like be able to buy 1 pizza a month.  But no, they are not jumping out of their skin for that one.   Tongue  I think most folks are not interested in being a light fighter.  Since it ended up my job at the end, I got interested in it.  Try and explain the joy of hiding out in ambush waiting for big fat tanks to kill, or calling for artillery fire while shadowing tanks while hiding out in a stupid low spot I guess does not excite people.  What can I say... I liked being a cavalry scout.

driving jeep under water.  Took sometime for crew to bail out.   That was interesting.  Took dive off of bridge do to crazy left turn bug I can not seem to solve. 

Now how to get the marker lights to show as 2 separate light options.  No idea there either.  Lots and lots of I do not know WTF right now.  Getting old fast.  Should maybe just finish model and textures and get to that M38a1C with the big game hunter gun once I get the "cockpit" mainly working. 

I do keep getting the messages from folks about why make this thing and not a tank.  If this stupid thing is hard what do you think a working tank is like?  Let alone what you need to have for reference material to make a working tank at the quality level of what we have now.  Needs to meet or beat that level which right now I would not be able to get working anyways.  A basic hack job, ya I could do.  But no interest in that.   

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 07:50:02 AM »

OH! O did have one success today on this.  Have set up the .50 cal more or less how I want it.  Its actually a compromise.  We will be simulating the .50 using a T & E. 

THis is a T & E.

What it does is lock the gun to its mount.  The gun is then adjusted using the 2 knobs that are basically micro clicks.  This allows the .50 to be vary on target.  Down side is that is slow to get the pointy end where you need it.  THis is why most mounting points on AFV's and vehicles are on a pintle mount.  You can have the T and E locked down but turn the traverse the gun where you need it a hurry.  There is usually a turn screw or something to manually lock the gun that way. 

Ok with that said and what it means for this jeep.  Or anything else I may end up doing with a .50 cal.   Means elevation will be slow, but traversing will be fast.  WIth some recoil on the gun like the T & E is loose and not properly tighten down.  IE... how you might have it if you think you might need to disconnect it in a hurry.  This is actually a compromise solution to what I was after.  But it does work out well.  It feels kind of right and certainly one way of using an M2 off a vehicle.  Need to tweak some more.  But its close to good. 

In case anyone cares about how I had my M2hb in a foreign land.   I free handed it but had the T @ E ready to lock down at any time.  If I ever had to shoot past 500 meters I was planning on slapping the  T&E down with locking screw on the mount loose.  Lucky for me I never needed too.  And lucky for a few others too....  I was an above average M2 gunner...  Wink  Knew this thing really well.  I miss mine.   Cry

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 05:14:52 PM »

Looks good   Smiley
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 05:31:28 AM »

The .50 getting love.  It still looks like piss as an in your face gun, but it will get there.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 07:12:43 AM »

Exciting stuff....  I figured out how to make the working gauges.  Ya I said it looked easy.  It is.  So long as you assign the right cockpit mesh there on.  LOL  Forgot 0 equals 1 right.   DUH!   Cheesy

Might make a little video of this thing soon.  Its not done and its still borked all over the place but running over bushes in the jeep is sort of fun right?  Maybe once I get at least the battle sight for .50 working/made.   The adjustable one I am not sure how to just yet.

The wheel turning bug I can not seem to crack.  This should be controlled in the techn file.  But as soon as you say cocpit and playable it fouls up.  Or well, I should say it works like it is suppose too for AI.  Just not us humans.   Angry

Woot! x2.  Got the manual gear shift working.  Well sort of.  Its crazy as using the T62 set up.  But it moves and stuff with the gear changes.  Small victories.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:34:34 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 08:59:49 AM »

For whatever reason can not get the steering wheel to work.  Most I got out of it was a permanent slight turn that affected nothing.   Undecided Cry

Plopped in actual gear ratio of an M38 into the config.  Seems to work.  Alas did not help the blowing up engine problem.  In fact made it faster.   Tongue
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:01:40 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 10:57:34 AM »

Well, as far as the speedometer is concerned 15 miles an hour is as fast it will go.  Clearly something I set up wrong there.  Feels more like 30.  

Fuel gauge seems to work right.  As does the battery/alternator.  No idea with the temp and oil pressure gauges.  If the temp is right explains the exploding engine problem.  Ok, not really.  Not a clue where that is set up in config.  Something I clearly must have done, typical copy/paste not knowing what the hell does what.

Oh I did get the steering wheel to twitch sometimes.  So I know its working on the correct axis at least.   Just bonkers for the values in the config.  

Well crap!  Can not go faster than 24 km aka 15 miles an hour on any surface including paved roads.  Now that is NOT ok.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:26:09 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »

Does anyone out there understand the plc_state entry in cocpit config?  Freaking kicking my butt.  Since adding in the a few more things getting random crashes again.   Angry

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 09:02:59 AM »

Current issues with jeep.  It is starting to drive me insane...

-Turning.  Works right for AI, is all wrong for driver with turning left sticking left. 

-When player sits in jeep you get sounds of game world muffled as if in an armored vehicle.  No idea how to stop that. 

-When player is jeep lighting from world does not light the "cockpit".  Have to use a global lighting entry of config.  Not using it makes the cockpit black.  This is not an issue during day.  At night causes problems with crew and cockpit having unrealistic light source. 

-Self destructing engine....  Drive for a short time the engine blows up.  No idea how to fix this one.  All attempts have failed so far. 

-How to set up correct place for gear shifting.  Right now is using M60a1 gea 3 entry.   Is totally wrong for jeep which is center neutral, upper left reverse, lower left 1st gear, upper right 2nd, and lower right 3rd.  Not planning on doing Hi/LOW setting of transfer case.  I really think is not needed for jeep.  Low settings are used for maybe towing and going up steep hills/incline.  None of this should be issue for game. 

-plc state of cocpit config is a nightmare for me.  Over my head.  As of this moment only a fully functional unarmed jeep is possible from me bug free....BORING!

-Not a clue how to handle adjustable leaf sight.  I think I understand simple battle sight for .50.  Will be handling that soon.  Same for the M40 recoiless right when I get there. 

-How to get binoculars to work when in jeep.  Game is set up to where they only work turned out.  Of course crew is always OUT.  How to get around this or set up to where they are always out i am unclear about.  This relates to sound and light issue. 

More issues will appear as more is added.  Certainly place states config.  WIth these issues solved this thing will work vary well.  It is a fun little suicide car.   Grin

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »

Flashburn , you can release the first trial( v 1.0 beta) - only for AI ? I would like to see the jeep in action Grin

Well, I'm waiting for playable , but I see you have a delicate configuration problems.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 02:23:41 AM »

Flashburn , you can release the first trial( v 1.0 beta) - only for AI ? I would like to see the jeep in action Grin

Well, I'm waiting for playable , but I see you have a delicate configuration problems.

No.  No plans for that. 

Maybe an alpha playable unarmed one.  That seems to be stable.  If I can fix the turning problem and exploding engine. 

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 03:01:29 AM »

I think I speak for everyone when I ask:
Can you do sick jumps with it?
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2015, 07:10:51 PM »

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Flashburn . He deserves good coffee. I hope that will not stop on the M38 . It can do more UAZ for the Soviets and Iraq in far future Wink I know that modeling is not easy and sometimes the same cockpit gets a good few months.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2015, 08:34:18 AM »

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Flashburn . He deserves good coffee. I hope that will not stop on the M38 . It can do more UAZ for the Soviets and Iraq in far future Wink I know that modeling is not easy and sometimes the same cockpit gets a good few months.

Sorry.... Hmm Fallout 4 happened and that is what I have been doing.   Wink  Its IMO the worst Fallout game to date.  But its still fun as its still a good game, just a poor Fallout.  If thta makes sense.   If you took out the Fallout part and called in epic post nuclear explore and shoot everything game I would be saying its pretty good.  But as a Fallout....meep...

Now, with the jeep.  Once I get over the Fallout thing Ill be back working on this.  The modeling part is not the issue.  Neither is it the textures.  Its pretty much ALL the cockpit config which is a vary tricky file that controls everything for playable vehicle.  When I resume I will most likely work on all the meshes for .50cal, recoiless rifle and unarmed.  Set  up all those files that I know work, and then back to awful painful cocpit config file.  Screw you place states entry! 

Yabba dabba do
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »

Sorry.... Hmm Fallout 4 happened and that is what I have been doing.   Wink  Its IMO the worst Fallout game to date.  But its still fun as its still a good game, just a poor Fallout.

I agree,this is no longer a classic role-playing game of Fallout 3 and up. New Vegas is good game too but more action with RPG elements like S.T.A.L.K.E.R series.

Classic versions of the F1, F2 and Tactics. I like myself from time to time to refresh this series for a few years. Wasteland 2 is at a similar level and good post nuclear cRPG.

As for the configuration of the jeep , maybe someone from the Dev Team , something could prompt.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:39:00 AM by Andres87 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »

I should be getting back at the jeep this coming week.  Explored pretty much everything in Fallout 4.   Tongue  How sad is this?  Sucked all my free time. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: