Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:32:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you imagine Multiplayer for SABOW?
One player vs One player with strategic scenary
Multiple players vs Multiple players despite the possible low game performance
Limit max players per side to get the best performance e.g. 2 vs 2
I don't care about Multiplayer. I love the AI behavior.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Multiplayer - Confrontation, what else?  (Read 10997 times)
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« on: November 10, 2015, 07:41:31 PM »

Will be quite interesting know the opinion of you guys  Huh?
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 03:08:18 AM »

64 players. optimized net code
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:44:51 PM »

64 players. optimized net code

WOOOO maps are to small for that.  THat would be super awesome...maybe.  Need more space and even running up to date everything having just 32 tanks close in on screen plus the world is a hell of a lot of triangles.  Models would probably need to be reduced in triangle count. 

Yabba dabba do
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 03:20:50 AM »

Yeap. That's why I support first the idea on one vs one with strategic, then when the net code is improved add a limit max of player by default.

Will be awesome and this will jump this game in a pro tank simulator
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »

It is significant that for the most suitable option (2) for the tanksim MP voted the least people Smiley
As I said earlier, Multiplayer is not needed. Another proof  Grin
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:50:38 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 08:12:51 PM »

I voted 'I don't care about multiplayer' but that doesn't mean 'I love the AI', that is a non-sequitor.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 08:53:25 PM »

It is significant that for the most suitable option (2) for the tanksim MP voted the least people Smiley

No, that is just a limitation of understanding the term multiplayer.

Plus a 11 sample poll is not significant of much.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:55:04 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 09:45:20 PM »

I dont like The AI because is all programed. I love the human player mistake, like in real. I use to play against AI only to learn. After that I need players confrontation to test my skill.
Nokturnal
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »

I dont like The AI because is all programed. I love the human player mistake, like in real. I use to play against AI only to learn. After that I need players confrontation to test my skill.

I prefer AI because they will not use gamey unrealistic tactics and find exploits to abuse.  Tongue
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »

When a real player have good skill in a simulator doesn't mean he is doing cheat. The simulator scenery for players is pretty interesting because you are part of the tactic to face the other side is doing the same. Is awesome!

When you become pro egainst AI, most is because you already learn the programed reaction and the weak points. So after that you are going in another level not called real simulation. Probably you gone get sick of your brain because you do the same everytime without mistakes and you want to do again and again.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:45:24 PM by Chiquito » Logged
Andres87
Hauptmann

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 05:18:52 PM »

I think it was easier to make mutliplayer in APOS/GTOS or Mius Front. The simulators is more difficult to implemented it. For this there is no direct control over infantry and artillery, ATGM teams in Soviet-Afghan War, we can play only one side - Soviet Army. It is such an example.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 07:13:34 PM »

I prefer AI because they will not use gamey unrealistic tactics and find exploits to abuse.  Tongue

+1. Anyway, de gustibus non est disputandum. Some prefer MP, some SP; just how it is. To me, SP is the whole point of PC games - good or not so good, you have an opponent who's ready, whenever you want one; and he's not going to cheat, whine, camp or otherwise be a twat.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 07:36:05 PM »

44.4% - Wargame style of MP
44.4% - no MP at all
and only 11% for tanksim MP
LOL

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 12:44:49 AM »

44.4% - Wargame style of MP
44.4% - no MP at all
and only 11% for tanksim MP
LOL

And that's from a grand total of 19 samples.  Statistically insignificant.  

But if you want to play with stats, that's 55.4% for MP and only 44.4% for SP.  LOL back at you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:48:31 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 12:53:11 AM »

+1. Anyway, de gustibus non est disputandum. Some prefer MP, some SP; just how it is. To me, SP is the whole point of PC games - good or not so good, you have an opponent who's ready, whenever you want one; and he's not going to cheat, whine, camp or otherwise be a twat.

To each his own.  To me that is a unnecessarily stilted view of PC games.  Some of the most fun you can have on a PC is in multiplayer games.  And who says it has to be one way or the other.  There is no universal law that says you can't have sp and mp in the same game. 

Bring back 3D markers!
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 01:53:06 AM »

limited resources plus having a vision of what audience you want to cater to.

mp version of this game just won't do very well, end of story. so they will necessarily have to water down the experience to broaden the playerbase, or they can do a tactical version, but deal with limtied budget, and thus, longer dev time.
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »

Can't wait to see a multiplayer mode in this simulator!
Chiquito
Hauptmann

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »

Some one else to choose in this poll?

I imagine multiplayer battles by stages. Only when the winner side get the flag then is activated the next map block by downloading a new file mission with the next and near map block.

This is the only way to get wide and long battles in MP and care the performance limitation. Anyway will be nice increase the max area for map to get better battles in MP. We strongly need better mission editor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: