Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 03:37:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoke signals / flares  (Read 5626 times)
DDTank
Hauptmann

« on: November 30, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »

What do they mean?
I have seen some opinions on other forums but would be good to get the Devs answer.
I have seen curves of black smoke go off from my positions; I think they might indicate the direction in which an attack is coming or the direction in which a commander is saying to fire (?). (I guess both are the same thing really...).
I have seen round puffs of green, orange, red smoke over certain positions but can't remember if they were over mine or the enemy's (maybe both?) and I have no idea what these mean or what they should tell me.
Also out of curiosity: If I zoom in at just the right time, would I see a commander actually using a signal gun? Just wondering if that level of detail is in there.
waypoint
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 06:24:24 PM »

I am just a fellow player Smiley
There is an in-game helper, where on a subject of signal flares the following is written:
"Communication of target designation can be signaled with white and blue flares at night and black smoke at day, each commander and vehicle crew has a limited number of these signal flares. N.B. This type of communication is inaccurate and unreliable.
Red flares are used by the enemy to signal the end of an attack. White & green flares signal the start of an attack or movement. Magenta is used by forward air observers for signaling targets to air support."
DDTank
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 01:45:51 AM »

Thanks for that!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: