Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:44:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem installing DLC's (Steam)  (Read 13276 times)
wiggum15
Oberleutnant

« on: December 29, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »

Hi !

I have a problem with the Steam version.

I just bought a new DLC (already have 4). I started the game and thought it would get automatically installed like all my other DLC's. Graviteam logo comes, back to windows screen and DLC installation window (all good so far) but the blue bar stopped at 65% and then disappears. Now if i check the integrity of game cache it say 16 files need to be replaced.
I can manually install the DLC's and start the game and play the DLC's but if i now check game integrity again it says again 16 files need to be replaced...after thats complete all the DLC's are uninstalled (not visible in game update tool) again...repeat repeat.

Can someone explain this and help me ?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »

Hi, so did the manual install of this DLC complete without errors? Verify game cache again if not, but wait for all downloads to complete before starting the game.

Some files that need to be replaced is fine. The game updater works in such way that it replaces some files.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
wiggum15
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »

Hi !

The problem is:

1. After a fresh installation of GTOS (Steam) i start it for the first time, the DLC istaller pops up but stops at 65% and closes, if i now let Steam verify the game cache it says 17 files need to be redownloaded
2. Manually installing the DLC's (through update tool) works but if i let Steam verify the game cache after that it still says 17 files need to be redownloaded
3. After redownloading the 17 files through steam (2.9MB) all DLC's are unistalled again
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 07:15:59 PM »

As I've said, this is fine. Wait for the game updater to install everything on the next game launch, or install DLC's manually.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
wiggum15
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 08:11:16 PM »

Thanks for the fast answer !

So you say i should just install GTOS, manually install all DLC using the update tool, press save and play (after each or after installing all DLC'S ?) and NOT verify game cache via steam afterwards ?
So is this a known bug ?

But why has GTOS Steam version always automatically installed all my Steam purchased DLC's after starting the game but after buying the latest one (Krasnaya Polyana 1943) it stops at 65%, also a bug ?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 08:40:05 PM »

So you say i should just install GTOS, manually install all DLC using the update tool, press save and play (after each or after installing all DLC'S ?) and NOT verify game cache via steam afterwards ?
So is this a known bug ?
This is known not-a-bug. Cheesy Install GTOS, launch it, the updater tool will install everything itself, just keep pressing Save&Play. Verify game cache only if you have problems.

But why has GTOS Steam version always automatically installed all my Steam purchased DLC's after starting the game but after buying the latest one (Krasnaya Polyana 1943) it stops at 65%, also a bug ?
Check your free disk space. Try installing Krasnaya Polyana manually.

wiggum15
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 08:55:20 PM »

This is known not-a-bug. Cheesy Install GTOS, launch it, the updater tool will install everything itself, just keep pressing Save&Play. Verify game cache only if you have problems.

Yeah, and exactly that does NOT work...
I install GTOS, i start it the first time, the updater tool pop up but gets stuck at 65% and then nothing i just see my desktop and the updater tool (no DLC's installed).
Even without a problem (i can play GTOS if i manually install the DLC'S) EVERYTIME i verify the game cache AFTER i installed a DLC manually it says it needs to redownload 17 files.
AFTER these files are downloaded (only 2.9MB) ALL installed DLC are uninstalled again.

I have 500GB free disk space, should be enough.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »

So, after a clean install Krasnaya Polyana still get stuck at 65%? What's MD5 of the DLC file (!steam_cache/kp43/gtos_kp43_steam_eng.gt2extension)? Should be 14745c25582373f69ef3a5e11d8143e4, file size 454.24 MB. If not, try removing it, and verifying steam cache again, then wait until everything downloads. Also, try removing the data/k43t/ma_kr_polyana1943 folder.

wiggum15
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »

I already removed all DLC's and all graviteam folders and did a total fresh installation.
Maybe someone who has DLC's already installed could verify his game cache via Steam and report if he also has to redownload these 17 files.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »

I've said already this is normal. I have 18 files to redownload.

wiggum15
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »

So basically thats a "incompatibility" between the Graviteam DLC installer and Steam ?
So the advice would be to simply not verifying the game cache via Steam after installing DLC's ?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »

Yes, you should verify the game cache only if there is a problem, and reinstall the patch and all DLC via the game updater after that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: