Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:31:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this how the diagrams work?  (Read 4007 times)
DDTank
Hauptmann

« on: January 22, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »

I posted this on the Steam forum a few weeks ago. No answer but I am still interested to know so thought I would try here:

So...the "Effect against targets" chart, is this correct?:

1. The column on the left is the shooter and that on the right is the target.
2. The X axis shows the distance in m.
3. The Y axis shows the armour thickness in mm.
4. The horizontal, solid coloured bars across the chart show the armour of the target (thickness in mm next to the Y axis, location (rear, front, side etc) on right).
5. The broken, coloured lines show the effective range of different ammo from the weapon being fired (ammo name code to the left of the Y axis).
6. Where the broken lines intersect the horizontal lines, this represents the effective distance for a penetration hit on the target - so if the broken line is above the solid line, it should normally be a penetration.

So for example, with a 5cm KwK 39 L60 of a Panzer III shooting at a T-34, it shows its 3 types of ammo that will penetrate the rear/front/side (all the same) armour of the T-34 at 500, 780 and 890 m, depending on which one it shoots.

Now, if I select the "Show armour diagrams" icon (to the right of the one described above), this shows the same thing but the other way around i.e. effect the T-34 has against my Panzer III.

Is all this correct?
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 06:14:49 PM »

Yes, everything is correct. Penetration values are given for angles 0-30 degrees to normal.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
DDTank
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 08:14:26 PM »

Thank you! Good to know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: