Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 06:21:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Iranians have any M60A1's with gun stabilizer?  (Read 4737 times)
aop
Oberleutnant

« on: February 09, 2016, 02:10:55 PM »

Currently playing with the M60A1 feels pretty handicapped when compared to T-62 because the gun and the sights are not stabilized. Most of the terrain ingame is pretty bumby so when driving offroad you are pretty much blind when scanning through gunners or commanders optics. It doesn't help that when sitting on commander position the AI gunner sometimes decides to rotate the turret around for no obvious reason and the commanders cupola and with it your optics rotate with the turret. Is there any way to stop this behavior?

Also were all Iranian M60A1 tanks without gun/sight stabilization? If not is there any hope of seeing M60A1 with AOS ingame?
Rich8
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:13:33 PM »

Been waiting to see if anyone who knew would comment on this post, still no answer. I vaguely recall a documentary about the M60A1 stationed in Europe back in the Cold War and it was mentioned that they had gun stabilizers. However, and surprisingly, I cannot find any written documentation about the M60A1's in the Iran-Iraq war. I don't understand why an export variant wouldn't have a stabilizer, why not just get only Chieftans then, those have stabilizers, right?

I would like to see a mod with the M60A1 fitted with a stabilizer, also one where my driver isn't afraid of 2 feet of water :3

EDIT:

This is one of the videos I found about the M60A1, these look like Marine M60A1s, in the descriptions the uploaders wrote

"The M60A1 was also equipped with a stabilization system for the main gun. However, the M60A1 was still not able to fire on the move, as the system only kept the gun pointed in the same general direction while the tank was traveling cross country. It did however enable the coaxial machine gun to be brought to bear while moving."

So I guess what he's trying to say is that the stabilization is not accurate, just general stabilization.
This is evident later in the video, at 6:25, you can clearly see the stabilizer doing it's job.

Now I don't know what the Iranians bought, but either they're exports without the stabilization included, or maybe the devs couldn't find any documentation on Iranian M60A1's with stabs.

Either way, I'm still really loving this game and the M60A1, it's just a more patient tactical style. Still hoping for a playable Chieftan or even BMP since they started developing this game again. :3
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:32:50 PM by Rich8 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: