Graviteam
April 16, 2024, 05:32:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3d models not displaying in Encyclopedia  (Read 5742 times)
Ssnake51
Oberleutnant

« on: March 05, 2016, 06:53:30 AM »

Hi,
I installed the steam edition of Operation Star along with all the DLC's.  All seems to be ok except that when I go into the Encyclopedia the 3d models fail to display. 

Am running win 7 64 on a computer I built last summer.  Asus z97 motherboard.  A GTX 980ti card.  16 GB DDR3 memory.  All drivers are up to date.  Have not had any other display issues with other installed software or games.

Have another computer that is shared by the rest of my family that I installed Operation Star on and the models are showing on it.  Followed the same installation steps on both computers.  Unfortunately can't use that computer for my game playing.

Any suggestions on resolving this issue?

By the way, I also picked up a copy of Mius Front tonight.  The models are displaying ok in that game.

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 07:18:00 AM »

Hi, and welcome!

Could you make a screenshot of the issue, please?

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Ssnake51
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 02:06:23 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't see how to upload or attach the pic here.  I've uploaded it to dropbox.  You can see it at this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1102rt9yflqmpcw/Encyclopedia.jpg?dl=0

Also, I've posted a screenshot over at the SimHq Forums:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4236828/Re:_Problem:_no_3d_models_in_O#Post4236828
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:14:14 PM by Ssnake51 » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 03:45:55 PM »

Just in case you missed Andrey's post at SimHQ:

May be try to update video drivers?

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
Ssnake51
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »

Thanks for the tip.  There was a new driver released a few days ago that I didn't know about.  Unfortunately, updating did not fix the problem.  Still no model showing up.  When I position the mouse pointer near center of screen it displays the name of the unit clicked on but no image.

Wouldn't think this would make a difference, but when I installed  the driver package I only installed the graphic drivers not the other drivers that would be included in a full install of the nvidia driver package.  Have been doing it that way for some time.
Ssnake51
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 06:15:20 PM »

I had forgotten that I'd purchase a copy of GTOS on gamersgate a few years ago.  Tried installing that version and 3d models are displaying ok.

Would guess that something is getting corrupted in the steam download. Any tips on how I can completely delete all files from the steam install so that I can try a fresh install?  Tried deleting local content in steamapps and reinstalling but that didn't correct things.

Would like to use steam version if possible because I purchased all the DLC's from there.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 07:14:05 PM »

Hmm, try installing the game patch (<Game folder>\!steam_cache\gtos_steam_upd_eng.gt2extension) manually then. Point the game updater to this file, and then click Save&Play.

Ssnake51
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 08:30:26 PM »

Ok, will give that a try.  If that doesn't work, am just going to go ahead and buy the DLC's from gamersgate.  This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever run into.  Certainly not a problem with GTOS because I've googled and not found anyone else having this issue.

Edited comment:  That did it.  All seems to be working now.  Thanks much. Grin

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:36:22 PM by Ssnake51 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: