Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:32:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Impressions, First Questions!  (Read 9120 times)
hnbdgr
Major

« on: March 05, 2016, 09:24:24 AM »

Hi,

I've tried out Mius very briefly this morning. So far, very impressed. Seems to run smoother, UI is simpler, some sound effects are really cool! All in all, it looks and feels like a major step up from GTOS.

Now the inevitable questions:

- have the traditional modifiers disappeared completely or can they be found hidden somewhere? So far all I've been able to do was order my squads around using the space bar menu, which is quite handy!
- can I force deploy smoke? or is it an automatic affair?

That's all I got so far, but I've only tried it for 10 minutes Smiley

Excellent work by graviteam btw!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:14:34 AM »

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

Modifiers are now accessed when you right click on an order (and right click again to save) - this changes the default modifiers for this order.

Smoke is deployed automatically when the respective modifier is set (and when under fire, etc.).

P.S. Spacebar menu is for advanced usage, try the right click, maybe you will like it more. Cheesy

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
hnbdgr
Major

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 01:18:40 PM »

thanks, that does the trick! But I've tried ordering infantry in columns or rows in various spacing and they seem to ignore my orders sometimes...? like they will move in no formation, when I've ordered them to move in a line?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 01:35:47 PM »

thanks, that does the trick! But I've tried ordering infantry in columns or rows in various spacing and they seem to ignore my orders sometimes...? like they will move in no formation, when I've ordered them to move in a line?

Please put screnshots: modifiers circle+troops view from top

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
hnbdgr
Major

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »

I'm trying it again, will do several tests:)

Ok, another question - how do you only select infantry when you have a mechanized APC team. In GTOS, you could select either just the APC's or just the soldiers. Can this be done in Mius?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 02:03:15 PM »

I'm trying it again, will do several tests:)

Ok, another question - how do you only select infantry when you have a mechanized APC team. In GTOS, you could select either just the APC's or just the soldiers. Can this be done in Mius?

Manual page 3, 1-2 Q/A

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
hnbdgr
Major

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »

ha, that was easy! ok I'll better read the entire manual first Smiley
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 05:27:37 PM »

ha, that was easy! ok I'll better read the entire manual first Smiley

You need only 3 and 14 pages Smiley

Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 02:22:49 PM »

Hello, I also have some questions:

1.How can I edit reserves? In GT:OS Battle Editor after I placed some units on the map and clicked on start quick battle I could edit the Condition Of Units and add some reserves to EMPTY slots or exchange Tank for Motor infantry for example.

2.What exactly filter, strength and Supply strategy in Mius battle editor do?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »

1.How can I edit reserves? In GT:OS Battle Editor after I placed some units on the map and clicked on start quick battle I could edit the Condition Of Units and add some reserves to EMPTY slots or exchange Tank for Motor infantry for example.

Please try training mission "How to make QB" (1st in list) Smiley

Spoiler:
Ctrl+left Click on platoon

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »

THere does seem to be something strange that happens with modifiers and orders at times.  Have not put my finger on just what.  Like one moment it working right when you want a line formation but do something like change spacing and suddenly its a gaggle of units. 

Yabba dabba do
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 05:01:49 PM »

Please try training mission "How to make QB" (1st in list) Smiley

Spoiler:
Ctrl+left Click on platoon
I completed the first tutorial and it told me to press Ctrl+left click to edit platoon properties so I did it but then I have to ask again my second question: What is the effect of the filter, strength and Supply strategy in platoon properties? I deployed one rifle platoon and one tank platoon with 2 british matilda tanks.Then I looked into the manual and at the page 5 there was "Firepower - Platoon is given tanks, SPG or other reinforcing means with
high mobility" so I selected firepower for both rifle and tank platoon but nothing was added after the battle started.Dont know if Im doing something wrong but the only thing which affected my rifle platoon was when I selected 1 cmd in filter option then there were only 3 soldiers on the field.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 06:31:34 PM »

What is the effect of the filter, strength and Supply strategy in platoon properties? I deployed one rifle platoon and one tank platoon with 2 british matilda tanks.Then I looked into the manual and at the page 5 there was "Firepower - Platoon is given tanks, SPG or other reinforcing means with
high mobility" so I selected firepower for both rifle and tank platoon but nothing was added after the battle started.Dont know if Im doing something wrong but the only thing which affected my rifle platoon was when I selected 1 cmd in filter option then there were only 3 soldiers on the field.
Infantry (rifle) platoon OOBs natively dont have tanks and SPGs, you can try to call this, but you can't get it.
Not to mention the fact that what is the point to take the tanks separately also want them to take somewhere in the infantry!?! Do you agree?

And expected to such strange request the game did not give anything Smiley

This is purely a secondary feature rarely works as you wish Smiley. Primarily in the operation, which is clearly visible reserves due to scenario.

but the only thing which affected my rifle platoon was when I selected 1 cmd in filter option then there were only 3 soldiers on the field.
Yes you filter only cmd squad Smiley

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 07:46:51 PM »

Ok there is 100 percent something up with order panel.  One second its deploying platoons in line.  Then next its a cluster of silly.  Still trying to figure out what is causing it.  I know I have used modifier panel on other orders and set units off.  Then go back to like attack one that I have not changed and its no longer sticking guys in line formation.  UGh . 

Yabba dabba do
Krylolrian
Oberleutnant

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 08:06:39 PM »

Infantry (rifle) platoon OOBs natively dont have tanks and SPGs, you can try to call this, but you can't get it.
Not to mention the fact that what is the point to take the tanks separately also want them to take somewhere in the infantry!?! Do you agree?

And expected to such strange request the game did not give anything Smiley

This is purely a secondary feature rarely works as you wish Smiley. Primarily in the operation, which is clearly visible reserves due to scenario.

but the only thing which affected my rifle platoon was when I selected 1 cmd in filter option then there were only 3 soldiers on the field.
Yes you filter only cmd squad Smiley
So how do I add more tanks or infantry to platoons?Do I need to mod it like in GTOS?Is it possible to mod the game now(cant find tools)?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 09:44:38 PM »

So how do I add more tanks or infantry to platoons?Do I need to mod it like in GTOS?Is it possible to mod the game now(cant find tools)?
Tank platoon limited by OOB in most cases. From there take more tanks?
Put 2 tank platoon, what is the problem?

This feature is not to dial into platoons all sorts of things. Only extra/special units, for example Arty spotters, or truck (if possible), or mortar/MG.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:46:43 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: