Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:59:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First impression..then second impression  (Read 3877 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: March 05, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »

OK first impression was I went from one of those players who never had an issue with the old UI to then finding this new one confusing..not confusing as such just not as neat and tidy as the old one. Especially the options screen.

Then into the 3D aspect. Well at first the UI was to big and for the life of me Antiailising was very poor indeed.

Then discovered you disable interface scaling rather than enable. Much better. However I found the AA to still be poor. What I found with this game unlike the other was to set AA and AF through my graphic card aswell as settings in game and I got it the best I could. Much better than at first.

However I then starting playing..and WOW!! The action is absolutely superb. The game came into it's own. Everything looked much crisper, the smoke effects are superb as are the explosions..the whole thing was a joy to watch. Only wish we had a rewind.

I'm still unsure on the new UI, but my initial worries evaporated once the battle started. I do worry that people will find this new UI even more confusing than the old though.

Also just wondering why my menu screen chnaged from one with two tanks either side to a different one with the menu headings down the side and a pic of just one tank on the left?

Oh after testing it actually makes no difference if you have your settings set  in the graphics card..this time it doesn't cause graphic error but just doesn't do anything.

I wish we could set AA higher than it currently can go though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:27:01 PM by wodin » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 07:37:09 PM »

I was saying for GTOS vets that about unlearning what you know a bunch.  The new UI after being SO use to the old one.  But after a few hours it makes sense.  Its a little clunky when setting up order modifiers by right clicking but tidy interface without things everywhere.   

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »

I'm finding the tutorial scenarios and vids in Quick Battles to be a MASSIVE help.

I implore everyone including vets to go through them all.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 09:22:07 PM »

I'm finding the tutorial scenarios and vids in Quick Battles to be a MASSIVE help.

I implore everyone including vets to go through them all.

Yes... do it! 

I ignored them for awhile and made my life harder than it had to be. 

Yabba dabba do
bobomite
Leutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 03:49:58 AM »

I got the game today and I have been very happy.

I just wanted to say thanks.  I have been dreaming of a tactical wargame like this for a long time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: