Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:55:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: War merit Cross  (Read 3140 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: March 08, 2016, 12:21:18 AM »

Just received this medal for soldiers outside the battlefield..so what exactly does that mean?

Also as in another thread..something really needs looking at with this routing issue. Never worked like this in GTOS I'm pretty sure of it.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 12:57:09 AM »

Just received this medal for soldiers outside the battlefield..so what exactly does that mean?

Also as in another thread..something really needs looking at with this routing issue. Never worked like this in GTOS I'm pretty sure of it.

it appears to be a bug. You can pretty much not loose...ever. 

Yabba dabba do
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 02:31:19 AM »

The War Merit Cross (without swords) was awarded for service behind the lines. I.E. Supply troops etc...

Award Criteria and Statistics

The War Merit Cross 2nd Class without swords was presented to those whose actions were deemed to be in the furtherance of the war effort but not directly involved in military operations.  This could mean civilians such as teachers and industrialists, or Military personnel on occupation duty or POW camp guards.  The War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords was presented to Military Personnel for bravery not necessarily in the face of the enemy.  In reality there was a gray area in which individuals received the Cross with Swords when perhaps the non-combatant grade would have been appropriate, and other receiving the Iron Cross when the War Merit Cross with Swords would have fit better.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 02:43:19 AM »

Still not sure why it was issued though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: