Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 05:44:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash with Steam on fresh install (solved)  (Read 2662 times)
chaudard
Generalmajor

« on: March 08, 2016, 10:31:38 AM »

I cannot install SP1 (Windows Seven) to play Mius. So I am installing Windows on another hard drive. Yesterday evening, I installed Steam and Sabow. This morning, I tested for the first time Sabow on this new installation. The game crashed when loading the mission "target practice" after 78 %.
I rebooted Windows on the old hard drive and I ran Sabow without problem. I tried to execute the version of Sabow installed on the new hard drive: it crashed at 78%.
I rebooted on the new hard drive. I ran the version installed on the old hard drive: it works! I tried to execute the newly Sabow from the new hard drive: it crashed at 78%. I repaired vcredist from the installation folder AND I checked the integrity of cached files from Steam. It found 4 files corrupted (maybe modified by the DLC Bassora?). After fixing these 4 files and reinstalling the DLC Bassora, the game works!
I rebooted on the old hard drive, both Steam installation (from new and old hard drive) work.
I don't know what was the problem  Angry Since I fixed two problems simultaneously, I cannot know exactly where was the problem.
This evening, I will try to check the integrity of the cached files to know if Steam finds 4 corrupted files, to know if the problem came from files or vcredist.
I think it's a file integrity problem because the problem occured from both Windows (old one and new one) executing the new Steam installation.

Now, I have to test Sabow installation from GamersGate, GTOS from GamersGate and... Mius from Steam (Mius is crashing like Sabow now).

I will win!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: