Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:09:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about mogding in a few small anti tank grenade types BUT...  (Read 6394 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: March 08, 2016, 09:47:40 PM »

So I am looking at the German BK-1H or BK-2h.  This thing is basically a noxious gas smoke grenade.  Idea is to force crew out of the vehicle by getting gas inside.  But no idea how you could get that behavior to work.  I mean there is the crews bailing out thing.  But would need this thing to do that and/or forcing the tank to bugger away from the cloud of smoke.  Over 5 million of these things where made so its not that uncommon.  No idea when exactly in 1943 they made it to troops either. 

Then we have the RPG-43 anti tank grenade.   But again, no idea when it got into the hands of troops other than latter 43. 

And lastly we have the German Panzerwurfmine.  But seems only Luftwaffe  ground troops used the thing?

I really wish history nerds would add in date of introduction and when the things became common.  Not just a year, which could still be even longer before it gets to the troops by quite sometime. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 10:07:49 PM »

Also where are the bunkers and pill boxes on the map?    Undecided

Sorry thinking of small mod projects... that is all...

Yabba dabba do
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 11:17:01 PM »

Pill boxes would be nice, do you know if any were in place at that time? also any idea about design etc? it would be nice to see a photo from the battle showing one. I imagine quite simple to do? relatively speaking...
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »

Not sure in the battle protrayed but the where lots of bunkers built on the East front during the War. I expect most being wooden.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 12:16:02 AM »

Pill boxes would be nice, do you know if any were in place at that time? also any idea about design etc? it would be nice to see a photo from the battle showing one. I imagine quite simple to do? relatively speaking...

Yes all over.  You see the communication trenches and what looks like spots for guns and bunkers in the maps. 

The last bit is what I am interested in.... photos of the designs they used on this front.  Materials and design I should say.  but zero way to place on my end.  Would have to be done with map editor and bought in that way.  Would need models of course but also destruction models/damage models. 

Yabba dabba do
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 12:44:47 AM »

Yes all over.  You see the communication trenches and what looks like spots for guns and bunkers in the maps. 

The last bit is what I am interested in.... photos of the designs they used on this front.  Materials and design I should say.  but zero way to place on my end.  Would have to be done with map editor and bought in that way.  Would need models of course but also destruction models/damage models. 
Found an interesting link, some guys trying to restore bunkers in that area from that time frame, worth scanning through, lots of information and photos of bunkers in varying states of repair.  http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=ff8f7676627d730ba3788fe42f24f04e&t=681298
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 09:15:13 AM »

Only if they can find the recon photos and maps from that particualr area at that particular date.
The only one that has evidence is on the main road leading north west from hill 214 ( the hill on the east side of the map that overlooks the town) there was a training facilty with strong fortifications that was encounted by tanks moving along the ridge and valleys from hill 214 on july 18 and stopped the advance.
You would think they would have built an observation bunker and such on hill 277 given its importance.
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:30:12 PM »

So I am looking at the German BK-1H or BK-2h.  This thing is basically a noxious gas smoke grenade.  Idea is to force crew out of the vehicle by getting gas inside.  But no idea how you could get that behavior to work.  I mean there is the crews bailing out thing.  But would need this thing to do that and/or forcing the tank to bugger away from the cloud of smoke.  Over 5 million of these things where made so its not that uncommon.  No idea when exactly in 1943 they made it to troops either.  
These things should have already been in GTOS, as RKKA has captured a lot near Kharkov in February 1943. Devs know about it and maybe someday...

Then we have the RPG-43 anti tank grenade.   But again, no idea when it got into the hands of troops other than latter 43.  
In production since Summer 1943, in troops in sufficient quantities since october - november 1943. Generally speaking, it could be in late August Mius operations, but this thing needs complex animation during its flight to the target.

And lastly we have the German Panzerwurfmine.  But seems only Luftwaffe  ground troops used the thing?
Are you sure that there is a Panzerwurfmine in the game?

Also where are the bunkers and pill boxes on the map?    Undecided

This is a good question. Actually, there were dozens per a kilometer or couple and different, from simple wooden to so called "MG-Panzernest" (in Russian "Crabs"). Russian sources state that on the top of 277.0 (Saur-Mogila) there were a concrete one.

PS. I understand that it is not me who has the right to call for someting Grin, but anyway, 2cm and 8.8 cm FLAK and soviet 25/37mm AA guns are more required.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:49:26 PM by FB_AGA » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 11:52:03 PM »

Its time and motivation.  Last year or 2 things keep popping up and projects just sit there. 

So aiming lower, things that can be done in a weekend.  That sort of thing.   Cry

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 04:56:24 AM »

Pk, so found brandflashe on one of my German anti tank teams. 

RPG 43 is iffy on time line.  So that pretty much just leaves that funky German flying dart thing and throw-able teller mines.  UGh poop.  Crap, maybe just make a teller mine and G41W rifle.  Give to more elite out fits in small number or something.  But some sort of little project to get into Mius guts. 

Or just go big or go home.  Complete Flak 18.  But that is not a weekend project. And after playing Mius I think it best to make trailer and SDKFZ 8 to go with it.  These things are sort of a package deal.  But that is rather larger project and time.  UGH.   

Yabba dabba do
Fritz
Generaloberst

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 02:09:55 PM »

but this thing needs complex animation during its flight to the target.
In game already have RKG-3 and animation for it Wink

IN TANK WE TRUST
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »

but this thing needs complex animation during its flight to the target.
In game already have RKG-3 and animation for it Wink
Right, but no RPG-43 with animation  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: