Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:58:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replay/Camera function?  (Read 7152 times)
Rush
Hauptmann

« on: March 10, 2016, 12:19:37 PM »

Is there any chance of a replay function? I really miss a lot of the action and a replay function would really be one of the cherries on the cake for Mius IMHO..

Would it be possible?

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »

Been asking for this prob since Kharkov. I'd be forever at the rewind button. Even if you could only rewind the last minute of action.
Rush
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 02:53:02 PM »

Yes thats the point, we like to look at the action as it unfolds in great detail, but that means we miss all the other great action scenes and suspense. I really feel that a replay function is needed so that the player can fully enjoy all that Graviteam Mius has to offer without it passing the player by when he`s not able to watch it all..

Sperber
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 04:44:37 PM »

Yes please, an ActionCamera as in Silent Hunter 5 Grin
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »

Yes thats the point, we like to look at the action as it unfolds in great detail, but that means we miss all the other great action scenes and suspense. I really feel that a replay function is needed so that the player can fully enjoy all that Graviteam Mius has to offer without it passing the player by when he`s not able to watch it all..

If the game got this and could be sued similar to CMx2 WEGO feature then I'll have to put Graviteam top of my tactical wargame list amd top of my wargame list period. WEGO really is the only reason I put CM games above GT series.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 12:40:32 AM »

IMO, CM isn't fit to tie Graviteams combat boots.

Just my opinion.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 01:12:39 AM »

We can agree to differ:)

Thankfully I love both so have double fun!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 01:24:36 AM »

We can agree to differ:)

Thankfully I love both so have double fun!

No damnit. You either agree with me or this redneck boy is gonna come across the pond and show you what a real biscuit is and how tea is supposed to taste. Ice, sugar, and all.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 02:07:13 AM »

hehehe Cheesy Grin Shocked Shocked Wink
Rush
Hauptmann

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 08:43:23 AM »

If the game got this and could be sued similar to CMx2 WEGO feature then I'll have to put Graviteam top of my tactical wargame list amd top of my wargame list period. WEGO really is the only reason I put CM games above GT series.

Ive been a wargamer for over 45 years and I totally agree wodin, that`s all that is needed, a simple wego system with a 1 minute replay button.
I dont know how easy or difficult this would be to implement but it should seriously be considered. In my opinion Sales would greatly increase and you could double the asking price. Grin Grin

Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 05:36:09 AM »

I was thinking about this too.
For replay, how much space does one minute take up?  Could be lots or could be small enough to work?
Would recording the ram write from the game for one minute on the map screen give an answer?
For we go the game needs to pre compute one minute ahead, pre compute would take as long as it would take for one minute at maximum fast forward on the map screen in a particular scenario.  Don't know if fast forward introduces errors in the simulation so it would be equal to maxium fast forward with no errors.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 07:00:09 AM »

Yes please, an ActionCamera as in Silent Hunter 5 Grin
And please, create and sale Silent Hunter 6  (based on Silent Hunter 3).  Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »

For replay, how much space does one minute take up?  Could be lots or could be small enough to work?
If we remove any physics from game - yes.

In any case, if such a possibility appears it will not look like a VCR or limited to 1 minute (this is very strange at all, why 1 minute?).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 03:36:20 PM »

Andrey, the 1 minute comes from Combat Mission and how you can watch the last 1 minute in WEGO. Plus 1 minute is prob enough to rewatch at a time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: