Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 06:17:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinforcements  (Read 4538 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: March 17, 2016, 02:53:28 AM »

OK after 30+ hours of play I've just worked out reinfocrments from HQ reserve! Lovely seeing some platoons go up from 37 men to 48 and a heavy weapon to boot. Not just that an Arty spotter aswell!

I love GTOS.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 07:16:19 AM »

Can you explain with more details? Maybe I don't see this reinforcement.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 07:40:23 AM »

In a campaign look at the pool of force structure.  You will see some have different color and say reserves.  At first I thought maybe this means on the side of OP map like GTOS.  But NO.  It means you can swap out a platoon or whatever in a organization with a fresh one.  So far only used the auto swap thing that appears if  a unit goes red on that units bar.  But according to manual, you can also move at will if a blue arrow appears on units in lower corner. I have not tried this because as of yet, felt zero need to do so.  The one click auto one keeps doing what I would do anyways. This auto one appears next the auto fill unit with optimized whatever it says.  But I think only shows if a unit gets really messed up. 

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »

Ok, so it's swapping between the shown units.

http://imgur.com/vKd3yBN
In this screenshot, I can swap the selected units between the 2 units in reserve with the blue arrow. When I right click on the grey flag (to the left), it's the same results (with automatic choice). When I left click on the grey flag, the flag becomes blue, nothing happens. I don't know what is the purpose of left click on it.

Also, I can set a reinforcment to all units with some little things like artillery spotter, MG or AT gun. When I click on the button to the right of "306 ID" green line or the "1 infantery battalion" blue line, it's the same results (with automatic choice).
When a red unit can be sent to the reserve, a second button appears to the right. It send the red units to the reserve automatically (if I understood correctly, it's the same results when we make that manually).

Some questions:
What is the "reserve" list to the right of the "306 ID" green line? (reinforcment 2, heavy weapon 12, spotters 3, guns 4, transport 2)
Is it the list of the shown units, or the list of reinforcment, or a list of future and hidden units?
The red units sent to the reserve will be treated and fixed in background or they will remain as is?
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 09:57:08 AM »

The list next to the top commander (which you can hover over to see whats inside) is the units that the supply strat pulls from.   So you set a platoon to anti tank it will pull a at gun from the list if available.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 10:14:04 AM »

YA, those list of stuff is what fills up the beef up units to platoons.  Nice to know you X infantry weapons, anti tank weapons or the BIG one, artillery spotters.  If you know only X number, makes you think where they can do the most good.  Which for me is usually battalion commander and a maybe a recon unit or 2. 

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »

Ok thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: