Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:44:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Will this be offered on Gamers Gate or for Direct Purchase?  (Read 17046 times)
MarkShot
Major

« on: March 17, 2016, 12:48:46 PM »

Thanks!
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 01:46:39 PM »

Krabb replied: "certainly not in a near future".
MarkShot
Major

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 02:20:04 AM »

Well, that is disappointing.  I guess I will just wait.  As I don't like running the Steam client.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 02:51:39 AM »

Are you the same guy who made that awesome utility for Command Ops?
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 04:13:22 AM »

Are you the same guy who made that awesome utility for Command Ops?

What utility is that?

Bring back 3D markers!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 04:27:11 AM »

Panther Games Enhancer- a program that allows a player to add hotspots to quickly jump to certain areas and zoom levels by a keystroke.
MarkShot
Major

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 10:02:57 AM »

Yep.  I had asked Dave back in 2001 for that feature in RDOA.  Finally, when he came out with BFTB (3 games later), I decided I would roll my own.  Smiley  The same code worked for HTTR, COTA, and BFTB; but required considerable rework for CO2 due to the multiple floating windows.  (That's why there are separate PGE1 and PGE2.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:04:51 AM by MarkShot » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »

I searched but only found a link for PGE2.  Is PGE1 still available?

Bring back 3D markers!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »

I searched but only found a link for PGE2.  Is PGE1 still available?

Here you go. Markshot, I can pull this down if its not o.k.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=18132480203477583605
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 07:44:40 PM »

Thank you.

Bring back 3D markers!
MarkShot
Major

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 01:59:54 AM »

I still have PGE1 if needed.  Perhaps, I should ask LnL if I can upload it even though they do not sell the older games.  It is after all the same community of players.
Ezra
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 10:34:42 PM »

I would also like to second the request by MarkShot. "Will this game be offered on Gamersgate or for direct purchase?"

I prefer not to run steam client as well--in fact I won`t. I have all the other Graviteam offers and feel somewhat "biffed" that the developer refuses to offer the former option. I am certain that I am not the only fan that feels this way. Cannot understand why any developer would opt out of other sales options for those who don`t want to obligate themselves to steam in order to continue support for the developer (sounds Orwellian).

Please spare me Piracy Polemic and the Steam Apologetic. Why? Look at how Home World has been offered to all their loyal direct buyer fans. I doubt most loyal fans (with integrity) pirate games anyway.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 01:00:24 PM »

Please spare me Piracy Polemic and the Steam Apologetic.
How does this (Piracy) relate to the STEAM, it is not clear?

Steam by fact won. Sales on other markets homeopathic. Those. the costs of the launch and other logistics much more than profit.
Exactly the same story with our shop. It's sad but true.

P.S. I do not see any logical reason not buy on Steam (it is not different from GG or our store, such as the same bytes transmitted over the internet).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Ezra
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 04:40:39 PM »

"I don`t see any logical reason not to buy Steam"

I stated that I am not interested in "Steam Client" (or any form of DRM) running on my personal Computer. Why is that not logical if my desire is conservative?

"How does this (Piracy) relate to the STEAM, it is not clear"

Please let me clear it up for you. Steam is about "monopoly" while offering the euphemism of security while ignoring indifference. Like I said, it`s "Orwellian" in nature and stifles other market competition by default which is why I choose not to support it in the same way I don`t support the socially derived and politically correct facebook.

You are entitled to sell or publish wherever you want. I won`t be buying "Mius" if the condition is to obligate my self to Steam as I logically described above, which is why I asked, unlike the "silent" others who share the same sentiments who were initially loyal to the development of your earlier versions of Kharkov 43, GTOS, etc.

Not hard to understand when you live in a western democracy that promotes competition in the face of social marketing giants like Steam, who conveniently stifle those (with their sanctified policy) who don`t agree by asserting they postulate illogical reason when they disagree.

Thanks for GTOS anyway. Facepalm
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 07:19:19 PM »

Oh, now we have the conspiracy theories! Roll Eyes

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 07:25:43 PM »

I stated that I am not interested in "Steam Client" (or any form of DRM) running on my personal Computer. Why is that not logical if my desire is conservative?

We do not put DRM in any form on their games, Steam version is not exception.
Steam Client itself it is not DRM. it is rather an analogue of the Internet browser.
Here you have to write this message in the forum and use the Google or Microsoft Client, or God forgive Apple client. Are you not afraid of this terrible DRM?  Grin

Please let me clear it up for you. Steam is about "monopoly" while offering the euphemism of security while ignoring indifference. Like I said, it`s "Orwellian" in nature and stifles other market competition by default which is why I choose not to support it in the same way I don`t support the socially derived and politically correct facebook.
Here the answer is simple. Make your own Steam with indifference and safety. No one is prohibited. If you start now, after 10 years, you'll be on a horse Smiley

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Ezra
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 09:53:25 PM »

Krabb

Keep sipping the milk.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 11:21:46 AM »

Keep sipping the milk.
...in a tinfoil hat. Cheesy

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 09:17:38 PM »

We do not put DRM in any form on their games, Steam version is not exception.
Steam Client itself it is not DRM. it is rather an analogue of the Internet browser.

To be fair to the people who do not like Steam, while Steam itself might not be considered DRM (just a distribution platform), the fact you need the client running and checking your ownership of the game, is in fact DRM. Try running the game without Steam running, it will crash. This is because of the presence of steam_api64.dll and calls made to the API. If this requirement was removed, then GTMF could be said to be DRM-free.

Personally I like Steam, and I am glad to hear that Graviteam has gotten a lot of sales from moving on to there. I do believe, if you look back a couple of years, Andrey said something about how he saw no reason to move to Steam  Wink

I also think GamersGate is a dead end unfortunately, and I'm wary of buying games there if they just go under in the near future.

However I would love to see Graviteam games on GOG.com - DRM-free - and the GOG client does a fine job of auto-updating games just like Steam.
Ezra
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 11:16:04 PM »

To Shadrach.

I agree with the Gamersgate assessment. I have done business with GOG.com. In fact I repurchased the Home World Remastered series from them during the same period that it was available on Steam. I gladly paid more for it as well. I am certain there are many who would jump on the purchase option to avoid what you mentioned about Steam. It would be interesting to know how many purchased the latter on GOG.com for the reasons mentioned. My initial appeal was that Graviteam might consider offering the alternative purchase option with another store rather than take a concrete stand with Steam, unless they signed away the option.

In the meantime I have always enjoyed the Graviteam product from its first release. Especially all the DLC.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:19:22 PM by Ezra » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: