Graviteam
April 23, 2024, 07:49:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The game is quite possibley..  (Read 4368 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: March 18, 2016, 02:56:05 PM »

Well after over 30 hours play I can safely say this is not only now joint first in my all time fav wargames with the Combat Missionx2 series it's also top of my list as the best computer game I've played...ever. I know it sounds odd when I say it's the greatest PC game but joint first with CM as a wargame and that's because I feel it is probably more of a "game" than CM, so I'm looking at it from more angles than just a wargame... Oh and I've been playing computer games since 1983.
Rush
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 03:27:07 PM »

Well after over 30 hours play I can safely say this is not only now joint first in my all time fav wargames with the Combat Missionx2 series it's also top of my list as the best computer game I've played...ever. I know it sounds odd when I say it's the greatest PC game but joint first with CM as a wargame and that's because I feel it is probably more of a "game" than CM, so I'm looking at it from more angles than just a wargame... Oh and I've been playing computer games since 1983.

Wowwwwwwwww Grin

I know what you mean wodin, and I know where you are coming from...but for me I really miss a playback feature, I`m finding it hard to keep up with all the events.

chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 03:43:05 PM »

A replay feature would be great to make videos Smiley
And videos are great for marketing Wink Wink Wink
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »

Playback! Playback! Playback! Playback! Playback! Playback! Playback! Playback!

Everybody!

And more cowbell
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 08:46:15 PM »

I agree about playback. SO much awesomeness is missed.
Count Sessine
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »

I agree, Wodin.

This is the best wargame I have ever played.

Well done, Graviteam.
phoenix
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 12:26:52 PM »

I'm also very impressed with it. Great work on the tutorials and tool tips and help too. Much easier to pick up than it was with APOS and Kharkov. Very pleased so far. As Wodin has pointed out, it's a great game as well as being realistic, and in that respect, as far as playing the AI goes, stands out from other similar titles, in that it really does have an AI!!!! So playing it isn't such a mechanical business. I was trying to work out why I couldn't enjoy playing CMRT, for example, in real time mode in the same way I enjoy this game, then realised it was because the units in CMRT can't really be trusted to look after themselves at all when you're not there with them, whereas you don't have that impression with MF. It's a completely different command experience and very enjoyable. Well done, Graviteam.  It was a long wait, but it's definitely an improvement on GTOS, I think. Be interested to try it MP - does the MP functionality function yet?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: