Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 11:26:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Scope of the base game... SS Units....?  (Read 17530 times)
SSPEIPER
Major

« on: March 23, 2016, 01:58:04 AM »

I purchased the game several days after it was released, although I have not had
time to play it properly due to my busy work schedule.

Can I ask if there are SS units in the German Campaign or will they be involved in
a later expansion DLC....?  Specifically 3rd SS Totenkopf & 2nd SS Das Reich.

Cheers,
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 02:09:09 AM »

I have seen no SS units in campaigns.

I am getting curious about follow on DLC plans.  But steamdb is saying sales so are under 3500 copies.  Seems stupid low.  But these games seem to spike in sales and then slow steady decline.  GTOS over time however long on Steamdb shows over 20000 sold and does not touch on other out lets.  Does it make sense to make DLC's for a game with 3500 unit sold? 

With all that said, steam GTOS forum was never at any point as active as Mius Front.  Its all Greek to me.  Perhaps word of mouth is needed or something. 

Yabba dabba do
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 02:38:50 AM »

They did take a lot longer to develop Mius Front than anyone thought.

I expected it out Xmas 2014, but that was obviously overly optimistic.
Maybe some lost track of the development and do not know of its release
due to the much longer wait for MF release.

I would expect there to be DLC that involves these two SS Divisions as it
was a big part of this offensive. Hopefully not too long to wait...
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 02:52:45 AM »

They don't have historic symbols able to be displayed in game I wonder if the same sensitivity will apply to the SS.

Bring back 3D markers!
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 02:58:14 AM »

They don't have historic symbols able to be displayed in game I wonder if the same sensitivity will apply to the SS.

I seem to recall that they had Das Reich divisional insignia (Wolfsangel) on vehicles in Operations Star...

They have the ability to show individually numbered vehicles so I gather anything is possible.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 06:35:52 AM »

I seem to recall that they had Das Reich divisional insignia (Wolfsangel) on vehicles in Operations Star...

They have the ability to show individually numbered vehicles so I gather anything is possible.

Ya they did have the SS stuff on units belonging to them.  I can only think that they must have some plans for more DLC type stuff.  Or the other things like Nomoghan that is way past when it was to be done.  But that was waiting for MIUS engine and all that. 

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 02:32:08 PM »

3500 or less sales..that is CRIMINAL!

It's also a desperate worry that Graviteam wont be able to continue making these games.

Lets hope this figure is a steady grower.

All those real time COH or MOW players should be buying this..seems they don't know a proper tactical wargame when they see one.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 04:34:29 PM »

It's also a desperate worry that Graviteam wont be able to continue making these games.

All those real time COH or MOW players should be buying this..seems they don't know a proper tactical wargame when they see one.

GT:OS has sold a lot more, of course it's been out longer and has more DLC's, is regularly on sale etc but it was a lot less player friendly, many people who struggled with GT:OS have probably not even looked at Mius.

There's no need to start panicking just yet, the game needs to mature, there are a few bugs that need sorting, it needs a couple of DLC's to add variety and then I think sales will pick up. We all know how good it is and quality usually triumphs, think how popular the RTS genre is, even historical RTS games do quite well but always disappoint, this is the game many of those buyers are really looking for, all we can do is keep playing it and whenever possible spread the word.

On topic, yes I hope we see the SS Totenkopf in future DLC, also winter map, desert map, and falklands  Tongue
Bekro
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »

I feel bad seeing such a low numbers the game is excellent game but their lack of marketing hurts the sales- Not even a proper review on a big game web site. Besides ,forgive me if I am being rude, the developers must be able to speak English fluently. Most of the time I cannot understand what Andrey tries to tell and in the Global word no one take you seriously if you cannot speak fluent English -This is perhaps explain why you dont receive proper return from big web site . This is where I am happy to see the community's effort ,special thanks to Flashburn as he works like a true PR.

Finally,remember OS is on the market for a long time and I think this game will easily exceed OS in the long true
Sotomonte
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 06:59:49 PM »

CoH and MoW are "light" tactic games, while OS or MF are "deep" tactical games (like Combat Mission or Close Combat) and most people want "fastter" games... we could make the same comparison between, for example, CoD or BF and shooters like Red Orchestra series: RO sold less copies that CoD or BF series because RO is a shooter more realistic (and hard) that CoD and BF and most people want shooter more dynamics and with more "easy action" than realistic/hard shooters.

We, the people that love games like Graviteam Tactics, Combat Missions, Close Combat, Gary Grigsby's War in the East, Decisive Campaigns, Panzer Generals and other deep tactical/strategic games, are a minority.

Bye.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »

I have seen no SS units in campaigns.

I am getting curious about follow on DLC plans.  But steamdb is saying sales so are under 3500 copies.  Seems stupid low.  But these games seem to spike in sales and then slow steady decline.  GTOS over time however long on Steamdb shows over 20000 sold and does not touch on other out lets.  Does it make sense to make DLC's for a game with 3500 unit sold? 

With all that said, steam GTOS forum was never at any point as active as Mius Front.  Its all Greek to me.  Perhaps word of mouth is needed or something. 

Where did you find those figures Flashburn?  Is that database open to the general steam public?

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 07:10:42 PM »

No, sales in most cases fall exponentially.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:18:52 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »

The number of games on STEAM increases from GTOS release so much, probably x10 times. So games without a big advertising do not have a chance to be seen.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »

Not even a proper review on a big game web site.
"Big sites" are not interested in games such strange genres like wargames with the elements of simulation.

Besides ,forgive me if I am being rude, the developers must be able to speak English fluently. Most of the time I cannot understand what Andrey tries to tell and in the Global word no one take you seriously if you cannot speak fluent English
Yes, it would certainly simplify some things.

This is perhaps explain why you dont receive proper return from big web site .
When this was done by the publishers (including native English speaking), the result was the same. So I do not think that the reason is that.

chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 10:03:56 PM »

My english is bad. I just start to improve it a bit. Otherwise, I would help.
most people want "fastter" games...
They want faster and easiest games. They don't want to think. They prefer quantity of games instead of quality of game. Yesterday I prepared Termite mission from Guetapens for 30 minutes and I played it during 2 hours. After, I made screenshots and I thought about my strategy, my success, my errors... It's far more pleasant than playing WOT with idiots, random actions and without strategy.

@Andrey, don't be pessimistic, we have to make a lot of nice videos to promote Mius on Youtube. Did you know I almost didn't seen Mius? I saw it by chance. I didn't expected it before 8/9 may of year 2017!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 11:37:18 PM »

I plan on doing some vids too.  At some point.  Will it do anything?  Who knows.  But the guys on Steam forum that stacked the reviews for metacritic made me laugh.  I find this sight pointless, but at this time, Mius Front is the highest rated new release.  LOL.   Tongue

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/new-releases/pc/userscore

https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=graviteam+tactics   Steamdb has some stats on things about steam games.  I do not know how on target this thing is. 

Yabba dabba do
Bekro
Oberleutnant

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 05:24:55 PM »

Seems like sales numbers are picking up.This the current number according to steam db - 4,318 ± 1,654 owners. about 1000 units more than the last week.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »

Seems like sales numbers are picking up.This the current number according to steam db - 4,318 ± 1,654 owners. about 1000 units more than the last week.
These numbers have nothing in common with sales and even more so with their dynamics. This is a statistical analysis that works only for large numbers (from 100 000+).

As I say before, sales decreasing by exponential rule. ie if theoretically we have 3500 units for 3 weeks, with the fourth can not be +1000. This is contrary to the laws of mathematics.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:54:03 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 07:22:59 PM »

Might hit 20k in 2 years.  Unless something wacko happens like that tool Pew pew die makes fart sounds while playing the game (and he likes it) well what is there to say?  And lets pray that this does not happen.  Can you imagine the forums and comments by all the 9 year old's?  UGh I can. 

Yabba dabba do
Mucka
Oberleutnant

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »

These numbers have nothing in common with sales and even more so with their dynamics. This is a statistical analysis that works only for large numbers (from 100 000+).

As I say before, sales decreasing by exponential rule. ie if theoretically we have 3500 units for 3 weeks, with the fourth can not be +1000. This is contrary to the laws of mathematics.

Not sure it is mathematics so much as economics but you should know.
Thing is what you say makes sense for a well advertised game where people know the release date but Mius is not that game.
For example I followed its development as closely as possible with limited information for over a year before giving up on any solid release date - I am only here now because of coincidental video on youtube that led me to realisng the game ws out 3 weeks after its release.
How many more people like me are out there and remmember I am somebody who had prior knowledge of Graviteama nd Mius Front development so for other potential buyers knowledge the game even exists could take far longer.

I hope this is true and sales do not taper off exponentially but instead bump along in rather random fashion instead.
Hopefully it will get more exposure from well subscribed youtubers etc because you guys deserve to do well.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: