Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 05:52:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: This is ridiculous  (Read 11346 times)
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« on: March 27, 2016, 11:22:59 PM »

Playing Wildmans Holding Marinovka mission and am getting completely disappointed with Mius Front.

After setting up my defensive positions I waited forever while their units farted around getting stuck all over the place. Not going around disabled units, going back the wrong way, bottlenecking etc. Only a couple APC's finally, after nearly 2 hours, made it alone to within 500 meters where they were killed.

Look at this mess.

theyre all screwed up a couple thousand meters away. Keep going back and forth, on top of each other

I finally in my boredom sent out a unit to recon where they were eventually seen and destroyed.

So, the enemy never got close, I held the objective, most of thiers afv's were disabled. Complete snooze.

What do I get for my non effort and waiting?

The pathing is worthless. 2 hours to do nothing.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:34:39 AM »

I played through this twice, the first time I noticed a lot of AI vehicles greying out at the start, zoomed over and saw the same, overturned APC's and tanks on their ends.

second time not so bad, AI lost 3 APC's within the first 10 minutes after that they got their shit together and mounted a decent assault.

No 'paths' used in this mission.

It's a night mission and the AI has some terrible terrain to negotiate, suggestion to fix this - option to deploy AI vehicles automatically on roads/tracks furthest from the players territory, maybe even a way to instruct AI to use roads more. At least then they will have a chance to get into attack positions, I guess they are spawning in randomly and in certain terrain that can clearly be catastrophic.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 12:38:52 AM by wildman » Logged
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 01:42:57 AM »

There are roads available but they went off them on the way, circled back etc. It was a circus.

I'm going to dry out the battlefield and see how they do.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 01:40:51 PM »

I think the game has issue with user made scenarios.

It will get fixed MR.

Don't let it put you off the game.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 02:02:02 PM »

It will get fixed MR.

Well it is a new feature, it's inevitable there's going to be some teething problems. I think for user made missions right now it's best to stick with offensive scenarios, AI seems a bit derpy when attacking the player.

I love this feature, as you say it will get sorted.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 11:30:16 PM »

I tried again with dry weather and they did much better. Just a quick setup so I didn't play it out just see how they advanced. They still lost a couple vehicles but the terrain is definitely not the best. To say they were struggling when it was wet out the first time would be an understatement.

It's a shame that you can't dictate the ground conditions.

Wodin, I'm not put off the game. Graviteam games are my absolute favorite in the 20 years I've been gaming on the computer. I was more dissapointed after spending an hour setting up my forces and then waiting for the mess that never came. Then I watched them completely break down and fiddle fart around, immobilizing themselves as they went.

It was almost comical, if I didnt spend so much time setting up my forces.

This is why it would be nice to save after deployment phase. You can cheat it a bit by saving the autosave file to another location if you want to play with the same setup.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 12:27:22 AM »

I tried again with dry weather and they did much better....

How did you dry out the ground? Huh?
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 12:30:44 AM »

Very large fans.  Grin

I changed it from rain to clear. I assume that is modeled.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 12:35:22 AM »

Very large fans.  Grin

I changed it from rain to clear. I assume that is modeled.

Ha, I could use those fans for my PC  Grin
Did you do it in the battle editor? or did you edit the file?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:39:29 AM by wildman » Logged
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 12:46:02 AM »

The battle editor.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 01:24:27 AM »

Trying this again and it would seem that the problem is that the afv's are using the worst route to travel. They are moving right down the creekbed as it was a road getting stuck in the process. There is a road a few hundred meters to their right that exited out of their deployment area yet they choose to use the creek bed. A flare shows us this....

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:01 AM »

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 01:48:42 AM »

They are advancing through swampland and getting immobilized in thre process. Here are a few more.

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 01:56:27 AM »

These guys should be executed

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 02:01:39 AM »

and another joins him. Something is definitely FUBAR. Forget the rain part. Its the creek they are going down. Almost every one is immobilized.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 02:06:43 AM »

It will get fixed MR.

Well it is a new feature, it's inevitable there's going to be some teething problems. I think for user made missions right now it's best to stick with offensive scenarios, AI seems a bit derpy when attacking the player.

I love this feature, as you say it will get sorted.

AI pathing should not be a new feature.

Bring back 3D markers!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 02:51:43 AM »

I further edited the battle to split them up into two groups and gave them paths for each group. The left group I had metteing to the left before heading towards the town and did the same with the other group except going right and then into town. So far only 2 disabled trying to get out of the initial deploymkent area and they all moved as they should into town. No sight of the grop on the left.

bed time.

wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 06:45:23 AM »

AI pathing should not be a new feature.

I was referring to sharing missions   Wink
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 03:39:45 PM »

But ai pathing is the problem correct?  As designer of the shared mission do you have to plot way points for the enemy ai units?

Bring back 3D markers!
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 09:36:27 PM »

Well I really like this mission wildman, even with the issues.With your permission I'd like to tweak it some more and upload it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: