Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 02:24:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is ridiculous  (Read 11347 times)
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 09:59:27 PM »

But ai pathing is the problem correct?  As designer of the shared mission do you have to plot way points for the enemy ai units?

You can form groups and assign them paths, delays etc but it's not necessary, but in certain circumstances it helps. If you set the enemy to attack it will attack without paths being set, but that has led to problems, not necessarily a problem with pathing, could just be that I haven't used it as well as it can be used.

If the terrain is soft and difficult then pathing will help to make sure the AI doesn't get into too much trouble. I'm still figuring it out myself, judging from feedback  it seems there are occasions when it's called for, other times it complicates things.

Well I really like this mission wildman, even with the issues. With your permission I'd like to tweak it some more and upload it.

Knock yourself out, be  interested to see what you do with it. I didn't know you could open imported missions in the battle editor until you mentioned it, that's something that will hopefully lead to missions being tweaked and improved, more fun for me to play if someone else has added their own touches.

I really think that user made missions will play a big part in the series future, so much potential, especially when any DLC's eventually come out.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:04:14 PM by wildman » Logged
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 08:03:01 AM »

I wait for a cold war DLC like GTOS (I didn't buy them). I would like to test some german Tigers versus some T-54! If WWII had ended in 1946, we would have seen that! I could create some interesting missions.
I would prefer a DLC about WWII for SABOW.

Meanwhile, we can make nice missions with the current content.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: