Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 03:53:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small request.  (Read 4339 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: March 30, 2016, 06:42:57 AM »

I personally would like to see more transports for guns and howitzers in campaigns.  Even if it means for non historical setting on. 

Anyone else?   Small puny thing really. 

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:06:51 AM »

You can also transport guns and howitzers with your tanks.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:37:51 AM »

You can also transport guns and howitzers with your tanks.

Which requires tanks... And is silly.  Using a tank as a prime mover is a waste of a tank. I find it hard to believe that a unit equipped with guns have zero way to transport said guns.

With that said, I was boo hoo face when I attempted to assign a t60 to a unit for this task.  Of course its too puny and under powered for this.  But no trucks in the pool.  And we do not have horses so ya.  If I want to try flying gun tactics I can not.  More boohoo face.  As I am playing the big Red Army campaign on the attack and trying to hold the south and middle with guns while my tanks flatten the North it makes it a pain not being able to move my zis 3, F22 or M42 guns.  Howitzers i would only want to move to get them out of the way of an attack.  Which there is no way to do it. 

On German campaign ran into issues where not enough transport to move guns to interdict Red Army armor on the rampage.  Had to wait till they came to me and try and get back ground later.  But was not a great issue as closed out that campaign pretty early on.  Did not loose any ground I started with.  Just nibbled till no where could they get on the map.  Should have been close out on turn 7.  But ended up 8 do to 6 su152's.  And could do even sooner had I realized the attack was never concentrated in mass.  Or rarely was and I always had enough to waste a couple attacking t34 companies.  A couple close calls but that was that. 

Yabba dabba do
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:48:06 PM »

With that said, I was boo hoo face when I attempted to assign a t60 to a unit for this task.  Of course its too puny and under powered for this. 

Hmm?

wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 05:05:47 PM »

If you really need more trucks reinforce other platoons with 'mobility' and borrow the trucks.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 02:12:31 PM »

If you really need more trucks reinforce other platoons with 'mobility' and borrow the trucks.

For some reason I do not have this option in campaign.  Even 4th motor once I swap trucks for other things, they go poof.  It maybe a beta bug or it may not.  But even then, gun units would have some sort of transport for their guns in that unit.  A truck, an artillery tractor, some kind of prime mover, or horses/mules.  Big things like large howitzers are to big to move about without something to move them with.  Although I am mainly thinking about things like pak 40's and zis-3/f22 guns.  In fact in campaign now, only 1 unit has access to trucks under mobility.  And that one does not need the freaking things.  SU152's do not need trucks.   Tongue

I just find it odd that things like zis 3 battery has no transport in the unit at the get go.  And you have that artillery tractor that is not even in this campaign anywhere.  Even with historical units off.  Although those should probably be with the M30 howitzers and not guns. 

but I am guessing many folks are not attempting to use their guns aggressive like.  I sure did not the 1st go on this campaign.  But the towing feature is just so neat and you can not readily use it.  Still, my hold in South and Center with nothing but guns, infantry and light tanks is working great.  And 32 guards is having a field day North West of stepkenovka.  With tanks from 22, 5th, and 6th guards in reserve.  Just now its night and infantry needs to catch the hell up.  Not driving tanks around in the attack at night. Learned that last battle where I seemed to run into every German in campaign with anti tank grenades.  They actually ran after my freaking t60's and t70's as it was dark, they got some.  Experienced enemy really makes German infantry quite good.  Well a lot better at any rate.  Wish there was an option to up both sides skill.  Infantry units behave quite different when they get above 70 or so experience.   Better still, a user controlled slider for sides experience.  Set mine to like 75 and enemy to 85.   

Yabba dabba do
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 02:35:58 PM »

For some reason I do not have this option in campaign.  Even 4th motor once I swap trucks for other things, they go poof.  It maybe a beta bug or it may not.  But even then, gun units would have some sort of transport for their guns in that unit.  A truck, an artillery tractor, some kind of prime mover, or horses/mules.  Big things like large howitzers are to big to move about without something to move them with.  Although I am mainly thinking about things like pak 40's and zis-3/f22 guns.  In fact in campaign now, only 1 unit has access to trucks under mobility.  And that one does not need the freaking things.  SU152's do not need trucks.   Tongue

I just find it odd that things like zis 3 battery has no transport in the unit at the get go.  And you have that artillery tractor that is not even in this campaign anywhere.  Even with historical units off.  Although those should probably be with the M30 howitzers and not guns. 

but I am guessing many folks are not attempting to use their guns aggressive like.  I sure did not the 1st go on this campaign.  But the towing feature is just so neat and you can not readily use it.  Still, my hold in South and Center with nothing but guns, infantry and light tanks is working great.  And 32 guards is having a field day North West of stepkenovka.  With tanks from 22, 5th, and 6th guards in reserve.  Just now its night and infantry needs to catch the hell up.  Not driving tanks around in the attack at night. Learned that last battle where I seemed to run into every German in campaign with anti tank grenades.  They actually ran after my freaking t60's and t70's as it was dark, they got some.  Experienced enemy really makes German infantry quite good.  Well a lot better at any rate.  Wish there was an option to up both sides skill.  Infantry units behave quite different when they get above 70 or so experience.   Better still, a user controlled slider for sides experience.  Set mine to like 75 and enemy to 85.   

I do agree that the largest pieces, howitzers and the like should come with tractors etc as default, How else did they get there?

Some platoons seem to be more likely to receive trucks when reinforced for mobility, it works a lot better in the battle editor to be honest, where you see each squad/vehicle listed, it would be nice if this system or similar was introduced into campaign reinforcement.

Another way to do this would be if we could move individual squads/vehicles between platoons during the operational phase, for example take a truck from command platoon A and attach to AT platoon B.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: