Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:07:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod list? Also, why the lack of mods?  (Read 9029 times)
Rich8
Oberleutnant

« on: March 31, 2016, 11:07:14 PM »

Hi guys, I'm new to SABOW, I've owned it for about two months with 52 hours under my belt. I don't own Steel Fury: "K '42" but I do know that there are some stellar mods for that sim, namely that one mod that adds 20 tanks or something like that.

I was wondering if we could compile a list of mods and links in this thread. Also, I was wondering why there aren't many mods for this sim? Is this game just generally un-modifiable/extremely difficult to mod?

The only community member I've found that puts out mods for SA is Flashburn.  Cry

I did find some WIP footage of a North Africa WW2 mod, but that project appears to have died and they've just moved onto developing Panzer Unity, a North Africa tank sim on Unity 5.

PS...A mod with AOS for the M60A1 would be amazing  Wink
kpj72
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »

Hi!
I found two mods to DVD-version. BMB1+T34-85, autor Krabb/SHUN and NSU-mod, autor MISTEL-X. But i think they don`t work with Steam- version.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 04:02:52 PM »

I think it's quite difficult to mod.

Bring back 3D markers!
Rich8
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 08:52:02 PM »

Hi!
I found two mods to DVD-version. BMB1+T34-85, autor Krabb/SHUN and NSU-mod, autor MISTEL-X. But i think they don`t work with Steam- version.

Ya, I found that one, I saw that the links were broken, kinda broke my heart. Aswell I found some mod pack that had links to sukhoi.ru, I can't access that sight for some reason, I think it's blocked in Maryland USA.
Also, I did find a thread on map mods and saw some people complaining about how hard it was porting maps over from GTOS to SA because at some point it always crashes.

There was a sound mod I found, but everything went dead, in 2012 people really liked it though lol
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »

Getting custom player usable vehicles in is mysterious.  As vehicle for ai, not really that hard.   As vehicle with no interior, a pain.  As vehicle with working bits, interior and the whole deal?   Vary mysterious.  Never got anything to work right.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tyol9mo70oh2nfr/minimod_2.1V3..gt2extension  There is this I did and know works with current SABOW.  This requires Basra DLC and yes, works with steam or any up to date one.  Its itty bitty thing.  Rifle grenades and stuff for infantry.  Intended mainly for Basra DLC. 

Yabba dabba do
Rich8
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 07:26:10 AM »

Getting custom player usable vehicles in is mysterious.  As vehicle for ai, not really that hard.   As vehicle with no interior, a pain.  As vehicle with working bits, interior and the whole deal?   Vary mysterious.  Never got anything to work right.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tyol9mo70oh2nfr/minimod_2.1V3..gt2extension  There is this I did and know works with current SABOW.  This requires Basra DLC and yes, works with steam or any up to date one.  Its itty bitty thing.  Rifle grenades and stuff for infantry.  Intended mainly for Basra DLC. 

Nice! I'll purchase Basra this week and DL it Cheesy
Jumo
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 08:58:49 AM »

You can try* this mod, this add resources (models, sounds, seasons,) from GTOS to SABOW and add some "new" player controlled armaments

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12002.0

*may be difficult to install it, and don't know he was working on eng version of the game
zeufman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »

thanks Jumo
i ve tried to translate the topic with Google translator, but i couldn't install it proprely.
May be an English translation for the install could help us to work with this mod
thanks
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 02:57:46 AM »

The problem with mods for SABOW was that they kept coming out with patches for the game and it got strenuous to go in and re-update everything. I guess it probably wouldn't be too much of a pain now, but we'll see. It's been years since I've done anything related to modding

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: