Graviteam
April 16, 2024, 05:06:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A crazy idea... ability to tow disabled vehicles?  (Read 4989 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 01, 2016, 03:29:54 PM »

First off, even I think this is kind of silly.  But recovering damaged or disabled vehicles is a big part of modern warfare.  Where many many vehicles take damage that is repairable but do to battle causes them to be abandon.  If you get kicked off a battle field you not only loose the battle but all your damaged repairable equipment.  And it would be nice in game to drag that disabled half track somewhere either safer or more useful.  Or that tank out of line of fire.  

Lord knows that amount of training I had to go threw on how to recover a vehicle under fire.  With tow cables ready to go to drag a disabled vehicle out of line of fire.  Of course, actually getting out under armor and hooking up cables would be a suck job.  

Guess I was thinking hay, we got the ability to tow guns, why not tanks too.   Tongue
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 06:35:06 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 06:45:31 AM »

And:
Disabled vehicles and weapons staying on the battlefield should pass under the control of the new owner of the territory with their weapons after the battle.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:41:56 AM »

And:
Disabled vehicles and weapons staying on the battlefield should pass under the control of the new owner of the territory with their weapons after the battle.

Sure, it goes to repair depot, get fixed from other broken enemy crap.  Then find manual for weapon.  Translate manual.  Then train new crew on equipment and issue to unit using enemy gear.  Bam....6 months later it gets back to combat with new owners.  If you have a pipe line for this maybe 1 or 3 months. 

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »

Not very hard to use a truck, a MG or a gun...
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 09:56:55 AM »

Not very hard to use a truck, a MG or a gun...

Battle field pick up of weapons is in game now.  Might take a turn later.  But they start showing up.  Driving an enemy truck in a battle area in enemy paint is suicide.  You will get wasted by your own guys.  No one did this.  Its always back to the rear for look over and new paint.  And when it was done, usually wearing enemy uniforms too.  You are now get shot or hung on the spot territory if captured.  Assuming you are not strafed and killed by your own air force or the unit next door lighting you up 1st time they see you.  Another reason picking up and using enemy weapons is sometimes a poor idea.  You shoot your new burp gun and suddenly your swiss cheesed by a guy with an MG42 200 meters away.  Or you pick up that MG42 and go to down and everyone will try and light you up.  No one on the other end likes MG42's.  But clearly the fire power needs out weight the risks at times.  And if common practice might be safer to do. 

Yabba dabba do
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 02:37:37 PM »

It's precisely why I added "after the battle". When the frontline is moved further, it's not too difficult to take some MGs alongside of dead bodies.
Some players want more trucks to move their guns in the battlefield when the battle is imminent. It's a true suicide. When I speak about truck when the frontline is further, you mention danger?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 04:24:33 PM »

It's precisely why I added "after the battle". When the frontline is moved further, it's not too difficult to take some MGs alongside of dead bodies.
Some players want more trucks to move their guns in the battlefield when the battle is imminent. It's a true suicide. When I speak about truck when the frontline is further, you mention danger?

In enemy truck.  You will get lit up by your own side and theirs too in reality.  People are jumpy as hell in combat.  Shoot first, keep breathing.  And I could tell you stories!  And not even to the shooting phase.  Just the crap that happens in a combat zone.  It takes time to get the cold hard stuff the fear.  Still scared.   But not so jumpy.  Some never get there. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: